Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Extremely Slow Posting

I have a file that is a relatively small and easy file with only 3 operations in it but it takes over an hour to post process!  I can't post the file or the post here unfortunately.  I know there is a way to see how many times a postblock ran in a post and how long it took roughly but I can't remember where or how to get to that information.  Can someone please point me in the right direction?

1 minute ago, THMProgram said:

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Has this post been edited?

I would load a default MD/CD/post and see if the problem goes away. If it does there is a problem in the post. 

If you have the documentation review the Post Debugger section. 

The other possibility is that you are generating a lot of code, are you surfacing anything? What do the toolpath sizes look like in the Ops. Manager?

Nick,

It is a custom post and I know it is a post issue I just need to track down what post block it's stalling in and why.  Unfortunately I can't share the post though.  I know in the past after posting something like this I was able to see what post blocks where called in the file and how many times they were called.  It also gave a total amount of time in each post block  but for the life of me I can't find where or how I did it before.  This is what I'm really after.  How to get this information.  I have gone through the debugger documentation multiple times and cant find anything about it.  Thanks.

44 minutes ago, THMProgram said:

It is a custom post and I know it is a post issue I just need to track down what post block it's stalling in and why.

If you run it through the debugger it should be obvious. Do you have the little "ladybug" in the bottom L/H corner of the posting dialog box?

If so it is already active. Programs/MastercamX/Utilities/Advanced config/Post Support. Click on the R/H column for the drop down and select enable turns it on.

Click on the Post button and then hit the ladybug icon and the debugger will come up.

Hit the play (don't hit turbo) button and it will output the post process and the trace of the post blocks. Clicking in the post process window or on the trace takes you to the line in the actual post on the post page you clicked.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a control definition setting that can slow down your posting as well.

If you look in the Files page in the control definition, the bottom left will say message options. If you have "All error messages to screen" selected you will get a warning for every variable re-initialization upon posting which can add to the time it takes to generate the code.