Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Scrap carbide

How it works  
Collection process

Call our Customer Service Center at 1-800-SANDVIK (1-800-726-3845) to request free recycling containers.
You can use the collection boxes at each machine or cell to collect used carbide inserts and solid carbide drills and end mills. All carbide inserts and solid carbide tools, both coated and uncoated, will be accepted.
Fill the transportation boxes with carbide collected from each machine or cell. Put used carbide inserts and solid carbide drills and end mills together in the recycling boxes and or drums (see restrictions below).
Return process

Call 1-800-SANDVIK (1-800-726-3845) to obtain a Recycle Return Authorization (RRA) number and a current price per pound quote.
Fill in the customer information and the RRA number in the customer information box on the return form and on the return label provided in the recycling containers. This information will ensure that you receive your check without delay.
Ship the full containers using the shipping label included in the container. Be sure to include a copy of the return form in each container you return.
A refund check or based on current price per pound times the weight of the returned carbide, will be mailed to you within 15 business days after receipt of the shipment.
If you have any questions regarding your shipment, call the Customer Service Center at 1-800-SANDVIK (1-800-726-3845). Please have your RRA number ready when you call.
Return restrictions

Include only stand-alone inserts and solid carbide round tools; carbide cannot be connected or brazed to any other material. We do not accept cermet or ceramic inserts. These items are not recyclable. Please do not return these inserts.

• Like 3

It would probably be an idea to contact other carbide tool makers. I think Iscar is one that doesn't use Sandvik carbide blanks.

Even if they don't take it themselves they might be "in the know" about that part of the supply chain.

23 hours ago, Orvie said:

How it works  
Collection process

Call our Customer Service Center at 1-800-SANDVIK (1-800-726-3845) to request free recycling containers.
You can use the collection boxes at each machine or cell to collect used carbide inserts and solid carbide drills and end mills. All carbide inserts and solid carbide tools, both coated and uncoated, will be accepted.
Fill the transportation boxes with carbide collected from each machine or cell. Put used carbide inserts and solid carbide drills and end mills together in the recycling boxes and or drums (see restrictions below).
Return process

Call 1-800-SANDVIK (1-800-726-3845) to obtain a Recycle Return Authorization (RRA) number and a current price per pound quote.
Fill in the customer information and the RRA number in the customer information box on the return form and on the return label provided in the recycling containers. This information will ensure that you receive your check without delay.
Ship the full containers using the shipping label included in the container. Be sure to include a copy of the return form in each container you return.
A refund check or based on current price per pound times the weight of the returned carbide, will be mailed to you within 15 business days after receipt of the shipment.
If you have any questions regarding your shipment, call the Customer Service Center at 1-800-SANDVIK (1-800-726-3845). Please have your RRA number ready when you call.
Return restrictions

Include only stand-alone inserts and solid carbide round tools; carbide cannot be connected or brazed to any other material. We do not accept cermet or ceramic inserts. These items are not recyclable. Please do not return these inserts.

did this and was never contacted??

I just assumed they had bigger customers, i was upfront and told them I only have about 20lbs - one time deal with me i shut my shop down. said i might be able hook them up with the company i now work for. could be $$$$ 

??

• 2 weeks later...