Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

VMC 4 axis contour help

RICARDO_GOMES

Hi folks,

I am a new member at the forum!

I,ve started working with mastercam a few months ago and i have never had any kind of formation at it, so, i am learning it by myself, with the reasonable doubts that are comming.

Well, see the atchment, please, it is a part i have to machine on a vertical milling  cnc center. The machine have XYZ plus A axis, A is a rotary axis. 

The part is a conical part with a recess at the outside. I have tryed a lot of diferent configurations but i could not have success wit any one. It absolutly needs the sides to be sharp edges, not round ones. How can i achive that? As you can see, i use a 5 axis flow to achive the recess, but i can not find a way to achive the sides to be sharped edges. What do you advise?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards!

part_vmc_4.mcam

• Like 1

Well, no one had a clue but i finally made it.

I have used a 3D contour but it needed to be changed at some points: the use of axis substitution, y axis. And this Y axis take me a lot of time to find out. Last, use a rotary diameter bigger than the part itself to achieve side by side perfect tool alignment. That is it. 

PART2.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1