Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

trying to load Company POST on other PC

mike561h

I got 2020 running and posting correct with our Company post in machine group properties and control on my pc.

On our other PC the Company post is correct In Machine but in Control its a default MPFAN post. Im trying to get our post 

into Control.  Maybe I got lucky on my pc but I cant get it to go in Control in the  other pC. Any help would be appreciated.

13 hours ago, mike561h said:

I got 2020 running and posting correct with our Company post

13 hours ago, mike561h said:

On our other PC the Company post is correct In Machine but in Control its a default MPFAN post.

Not quite sure what the problem is here. Are you trying to load your edited post in a new file?

Normally there is an MD, CD and .pst file for each machine model (for 5 axis there is an additional post file) so for instance we have a 3 axis Haas MD/CD/post which will post code for all our Haas machines, likewise we have a Mori/Fanuc which does the same for all our fanuc based Mori Seiki machines . Have you set these up?

If not check out Colin's  Pro Tips: How to set Control Definition Defaults at the top of the forum. This will run you through the correct way to set this up so it works across the system.

The post never resides on the control of the machine, it resides in the Mastercam file and translates Mastercams intermediate fir (.nci) into G code the machine can understand.

So I am assuming when you say Control you mean the Control Definition (CD) ? 

10 minutes ago, Leon82 said:

We have our machines on the server so once it's set it works on all the computers

I have, in the past run that way...and it can work...network needs to be robust and the users have to be half-way intelligent..if they are not, they'll open older files that still point to previous version directories and sometimes update things they didn't really mean to to update...This can cause bigger headaches...

I now prefer all users run locally but latest up to date files are on the network in case anyone needs them...far fewer headaches on my end

• Like 1