Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Inconsistent edges in outline shaded mode 2020

Programinator

I've been on 2020 for a few days now and one thing that is annoying me is the inconsistent edges i am seeing in outline shaded mode.  What i mean is the visual presentation of them.  Some are thick, some are thin and some are just broken up.  I am running Quadro p2000 gpu.  I updated the drivers which i thought would fix it but it has not.  I had no problems in 2019.  Any ideas on what this could be?  I tried uploading images of what this looks like but for some reason emastercam will not upload images.

9 minutes ago, gms1 said:

That is odd. I was going to say try changing the lighting settings but it doesn't look like it will change much.

That's one of the first things i tried and your right it didn't work.  The closer i zoom up on the model the better it gets.  Zoom out and it looks like crap.

Well after a couple of days talking to Deb from qc at Mastercam through email the problem has been solved.  After trying a few things, what we had to do is update the quadro p2000 driver to 431.02.  I didn't even consider this since i just updated about a week ago but i searched for a new update and there it was freshly released.

Thanks so much Deb for helping me out.  The QC department got back to me very quick and gave me many viable suggestions and didn't give up when they failed to work.  Eventually they found it with the driver.

I have very clear crisp edges now and i'm loving it.