Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 AXIS FLOW/MORPH

AWL304

on a mazak integrex,

i simply was hoping for a single tool path to go around this part ( portion attached ) and finish the tops of the ribs. But i can not find a way

to have the tool path move to the edge of the tool, and not the center. the " diameter ( for simulation) " option seems to do nothing. can these paths

not be used like this, and my post will not post a G41 for comp under any compensation option, is this possible? Yes i know I can do this with  a gview tilted

and simple 2-D path with transform but was hoping for one 5 axis path todo all.

Thanks

PATH TEST.mcam

pic.JPG

47 minutes ago, mayday said:

here you go Son

use Morph

and or use margins at start and end

Capture.JPG

this works except when it gets to the bottom of my surface or the " pattern to " line and the tool jumps around to the other side of the line.....still looking

create a surface from the solid, offset the edge curves and trim the surface where you want it and create new edge curves then use the standard tool settings in morph .

Dont always try and use the solid as a drive that will get you in trouble almost every time

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mayday said:

create a surface from the solid, offset the edge curves and trim the surface where you want it and create new edge curves then use the standard tool settings in morph .

Dont always try and use the solid as a drive that will get you in trouble almost every time

yep already did this

thanks

This one is easy with Morph once you know the "trick," which lies here:

image.png.8a083e6dcc03c11e223b6e2ec00570ba.png

The toolpath as uploaded is set this way, which is cool because it gives you access to the Margins page like Mayday said.  Turn this on:

image.png.af84e0d86667a4e720169da9e38703fd.png

Now your toolpath will look like this:

image.png.8e6009860e86d849a6ad017015037667.png

On a part like this, I can't see any reason to create any geometry at all.  Working directly off the solid, I got this:

image.png.476102475a9e4ea9df62c4d9b827081a.png

Looks the same? 

Add in a bit of Cut Pattern > Extend and a Linking set to Blend, and now it looks like this:

image.png.461d7d2c0ceb00143af5f45e0dbcd709.png

All without creating a single bit of geometry.

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4
49 minutes ago, AWL304 said:

i WAS looking for comp output but am told not possible?

Of course it is possible anything is possible with Mastercam. I would go about it with a mi or mr trigger when I wanted that output. You could do it with cantext using a toolpath editor, but not what I would consider desirable since you really back to having to change it everytime you regen an operation. By controlling it with a mi or mr trigger you set it and forgot it for that operation.