Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Can NETHook get an operation's cycle time?

Hi,

I want to get some operation's parameter.  “NETHook” can get many parameter simple, like operation type、tool information... but some parameter i can't find, like cycle time,XY /Z stock to leave. (like "setup sheet report" )

How can  i get the operation's cycle time?  (X9)

Thank you.

On 6/10/2019 at 8:34 PM, Roger Martin from CNC Software said:

In the NET-Hook API  for Mastercam 2020 there these CalcCycleTime methods -

Operation.CalcCycleTime

OperationsManager.CalcCycleTime

There is another question.

If the toolpath is created in incremental mode (contour), then will get  "linking.DepthIncremental"  - True

Is there any way to calculate the ABS value? (incremental to absolute)

3 hours ago, piaofcu said:

If the toolpath is created in incremental mode (contour), then will get  "linking.DepthIncremental"  - True

Is there any way to calculate the ABS value? (incremental to absolute)

The value you get from a specific property in the LinkingParams of an operation,
is just the "value". It is not an incremental/absolute value, it's just a "value"
The true/false setting of the DepthIncremental (in the case of Depth) tells the system how to "look at" the (Depth) value.
If "linking.DepthIncremental"  = True
Then it is incremental "from somewhere else", such as Top Of Stock.
Experiment with a simple 2D-Contour path, changing just the DepthIncremental and see what the Depth value is in each case.

6 hours ago, Roger Martin from CNC Software said:

The value you get from a specific property in the LinkingParams of an operation,
is just the "value". It is not an incremental/absolute value, it's just a "value"
The true/false setting of the DepthIncremental (in the case of Depth) tells the system how to "look at" the (Depth) value.
If "linking.DepthIncremental"  = True
Then it is incremental "from somewhere else", such as Top Of Stock.
Experiment with a simple 2D-Contour path, changing just the DepthIncremental and see what the Depth value is in each case.

I think maybe I didn't express it clearly.

There is a 2D-Contour path: Only select one Chain , Z coordinate is -5.0  (absolute value) .  

The Contour path setting :   depth value is -4.0 , Incremental mode ---> Then the absolute value of the cut depth is -9.0

In VS, get information about this operation: "linking.DepthIncremental" = True, "linking.Depth"="-5."

Now, if I want to get the abs value of this operation (-9.0),  Is there any way?

I thought about calculating the depth of the entity + Incremental depth  value,But it seems not easy to achieve.

4 hours ago, Roger Martin from CNC Software said:

Not with doing the calculation yourself.  There are not  separate incremental and absolute values stored in the operation's data.

Okay, I understand. 

I try "Operation.GetMinimumZ" Method  gets the minimum Z .
The document is described as such: Gets the minimum Z coordinate (from the binary NCI) ...

No matter whether I save NCI file first or not, I always get the minimum value allowed in a Double.
Or "the binary NCI" is not the way to save NCI? 

33 minutes ago, Roger Martin from CNC Software said:

And unfortunately, I see that the GetMaxAndMinZ method was broken until Mastercam 2019.

This is really a bad news.

By the way,In Visual Studio breakpoint mode, I can see a lot of operation member, As shown “PIC-1"

1.thumb.png.0ce5a78895df583071b230dbc6719ff2.png

Can I access them?  If i access it directly, the error "Not operation member" is displayed. "PIC-2" 

2.png.e66902d7171829ee7c2f76f47643bb6b.png

• 1 year later...