Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

PECK TAPPING ON MAZATROL CONTROL

DonBartollo

Hello everyone.

Trying to peck tap on Mazak 5-axis with Mazatrol control. It returns to R value after each pack. How do you regulate it with code or parameters to set the return after each peck to a fixed value. for example if my Q is .125 I want only .025 return for each peck. 

Code line is 

G84.2 Z-.45 R.1Q.125 F...

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. 

16 hours ago, DonBartollo said:

Hello everyone.

Trying to peck tap on Mazak 5-axis with Mazatrol control. It returns to R value after each pack. How do you regulate it with code or parameters to set the return after each peck to a fixed value. for example if my Q is .125 I want only .025 return for each peck. 

Code line is 

G84.2 Z-.45 R.1Q.125 F...

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. 

see your mazak eia/iso documentation for high speed deep hole tapping (G84.2 / G84.3 (option)) and pay very careful attention to the machine parameters. on a smoothg or nexus control parameter F10 is what you're looking for. but don't take my word for it, see the docs for your machine.

• Like 1

I've never seen a control do this and had no idea about this.  Is this even possible on other controls?  I know you can do this in 840D but I don't know of anything Fanuc based that will do it.

Some one school me here.

9 hours ago, jlw™ said:

I've never seen a control do this and had no idea about this.  Is this even possible on other controls?  I know you can do this in 840D but I don't know of anything Fanuc based that will do it.

Some one school me here.

Some Fanuc must be able to do it. My Doosan DNM5700 can do it. You just add a "Q.xxx" to the G84 line.

On 6/8/2019 at 8:56 PM, DonBartollo said:

Thanks. Which code controls the reverse move on tapping. The return? It goes back to R.1 position after each peck. That is the problem not the tapping itself. It’s flawless. 

"Q" = depth of cut (peck amount)

"I0" = deep hole tapping (retract to R between between pecks)

"I1" = high speed tapping amount to retract set in parameter F10.

• Like 2
On 6/9/2019 at 10:25 AM, jlw™ said:

Some one school me here.

yep. I've done it (chip break tapping) with Siemens 840D and Heidenhain iTNC 30 as well. the only other controls i've used in the last several years worth mentioning are Fanuc and Mitsubishi and they, the ones I've used, don't have that functionality though most of the Fanuc's do peck tap with full retracts.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, DonBartollo said:

Thank you kindly. This should do it. Just so we're clear i go G84.2  Z-.425 R.1 Q.1  I1 F.0416 . I just want to make sure before I go and pop it in. I will keep you posted on results. \

Much obliged. ☺☺☺☺

yes. the unit for F10, in inches, is .00001 (.0001 for metric). so for a .03" retract you'll set F10 to 3000.