Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Beginner and student

Sheikhi

Hi. I am Abdo. I am in Australia offshore detention center in PNG for 7 years.  because I came to Australia by boat seven years ago. They called me illegal immigrant. I was CNC programmer(3D)&(3AXis) for 5 years.I worked with Delcam software (power mill). I don't wanna waste my time in detention. I learned English language well enough. Now I need to learn mastercam. I need you help me please .  with your advice I can pass through this darkness. I need you please guide me where I should go for start? Which course I have to take? I'm going to be professional one day if you help me. I am so passionate about it. Thank you so much

Wish you all the best 

Sheikhi

If you were programming before I assume you have some machining experience which is good because that is where the road to CNC programming begins.  There are many tutorial books and video lessons out now that can teach you to learn Mastercam.  Two good ones to look at are streaming teacher and eapprentice.  Also in the store section of this site you will find tutorial books and ecourses.  Get yourself a copy of the Mastercam Home Learning Edition try some of the tutorials, and ask questions in this forum.

Best of luck,

Sheikhi,

It sounds like you've got nearly a decade to learn. As suggested above, it is advisable to go through all of the courses offered on this site to become proficient in creating machine definitions, stock set ups, toolpath optimization, g-code posting, backplot and verify, or whatever the extent of the courses are. While you're at it, pick up other literary resources via Amazon, they've got  great texts on all things software and hardware related to numerical control, CAM, CAD, and mechanics in generals. Spend time learning about inserts, inspection, threads, the whole shebang.

Good luck!

www.mastercam.com has many resources for new users learning mastercam, once you login you can access tutorials, whats new videos, sample parts, etc. I would suggest taking a look at some of the various learning materials available there https://my.mastercam.com/. A mastercam.com account is requried to access these places but its easy to create one if you dont have one already.