Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 AXIS DRILL 2020

jerms

14 minutes ago, jerms said:

Hey all,

It seems I have misplaced my most used function on Mastercam 2020. Does anyone else use 5 axis drill? Is there a workaround (aside from FBM)?

Thanks in advance. 

5x Drill is part of regular Drill now

Check the Axis Control page in Drill

• Thanks 1

I don't like that it won't create arcs/ or cutter comp when using axis control in either helical or circle mill when you select a solid feature. I have to manually create ops on each rotation/plane using arc geometry in order for it to use comp and arcs. The idea of simplifying the tool path is great, but the execution is not very useful. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jerms said:

I don't like that it won't create arcs/ or cutter comp when using axis control in either helical or circle mill when you select a solid feature. I have to manually create ops on each rotation/plane using arc geometry in order for it to use comp and arcs. The idea of simplifying the tool path is great, but the execution is not very useful. 

This is most likely a post issue..

when you use a 5X toolpath, your post is outputting 5axis code, which will be point to point ( no arcs and no CDC)

when you create a toolplane to drive circle tool paths  you a really creating a 3+2 toolpath and your post is outputting tilted tool plane code.

The solution is to ask your post developer to give you a misc integer switch to enable tilted tool plane output for 5x toolpaths when needed.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, gcode said:

This is most likely a post issue..

when you use a 5X toolpath, your post is outputting 5axis code, which will be point to point ( no arcs and no CDC)

when you create a toolplane to drive circle tool paths  you a really creating a 3+2 toolpath and your post is outputting tilted tool plane code.

The solution is to ask your post developer to give you a misc integer switch to enable tilted tool plane output for 5x toolpaths when needed.

Thanks, I will check into that. What I'm seeing is in backplot.  Same hole without rotation, just top wcs, c&t, The solid feature tool path is line segments, the wireframe is arcs. The result is the same when I post out. Line segments for the solid tool path and arcs with comp on wireframe.