Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

convert config files

JAMES GABEL

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:38 AM, JAMES GABEL said:

I just loaded mastercam 2020 and converted my posts and defeult files and that went great.  I want to bring over all my custom menus and right click menus also.  I do not remember how to do that.  Can somebody help me out .

I just copy the 2019 Mastercam.Workspace file in CONFIG and move to the 2020 and overwrite. 

20 hours ago, JHyder2 said:

File > Convert > Migration Wizard is how I've always brought everything over.  Works great.  

both methods work for what was described above, but i like the migration wizard method like what is shown in this video 

3 minutes ago, Seedy steve said:

But beware of losing post edits, toolpath defaults, possibly other defaults as well,

and tool library fetching after the change!

I've never lost anything you mentioned using the migration wizard.  It converts tool libraries as well as operation and other defaults I've previously set.  I can't comment on post changes, because I leave all post editing to my re-seller.  That being said, my post works the same in each new version as it did in the prior.  

18 minutes ago, Seedy steve said:

that is what I have now... after the wizard. glad to hear your luck.

i have seen things get lost before too but it seems rare to lose things and i dont have an idea of what causes it. The main things that i have seen get lost with migration wizard (again rarely) is things like drill cycles, misc values, basically Control definition things, but those pages and data can be re-imported in the control definition if they do get lost,=.