Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rotary advanced

westernoftexas

I'm running mc2018 and I have never used rotary advanced is there anyone out there that can walk me thru the settings step by step ....yes I know it sounds like alot but like I said I have never used it before and I am used to using axis substitution and could really use the rotary advanced....Is there anyone out there up for the challenge 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 4:19 PM, westernoftexas said:

I am used to using axis substitution

Yeah, time to get away from that. Axis sub has it's uses but general 4 axis programming isn't one of them.

First you need to decide where / what your WCS will be.

Then which axis you will be rotating around. So typically a 4 axis vertical with the head on the right will be rotating about the X axis (normally). Horizontals rotating around Y axis (normally)

You can establish this by creating your own WCS using geometry or you can arrange your part around Mastercams system origin (even in this case I will make a copy of top and rename it WCS A0.). It used to be that using Mastercams origin was far more stable, so that is what I use, and it is the only way to go if you want to use multiaxis toolpaths and not lose some functionality. Not sure what the present state of play is about the stability of constructed WCSs. 

Use "Rotate Planes" function to create your views. Remember when you are doing this you are rotating the plane, not designating the angle output here. Angle output for the cutter is relative motion to the plane so to drive an A60 move you will rotate your plane -60 degrees. This is where most people come adrift.

As you use the "Rotate Planes" function a dialog box will pop up to label your new view.

• Thanks 1
  • Huh? 1