Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Nvidia Quadro P5000 Graphics Card

Peter B

Looking for any experience from MCAM users with a Nvidia Quadro P5000 Graphics Card, for MCAM 2019  / MCAM 2020

Or what GPUs are people using.

Need horse power for solids, verify, and simulation. Large detailed files / models. 

Looking for your input and ideas. 

You will be fine with that type of firepower. I have a K5200 in a super rig I built almost 4 years ago now and it basically never loads anything, it just appears like magic. Even larger files aren't very demanding on my rig. The desktops at work are all underpowered in my opinion and yet they never crash and do very well for our 5th, 3 and 2 axis jobs.

It probably doesn't need to be said, but if the budget works, then buy a little less GPU and make sure your CPUs are excellent as well. Good luck.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

The P5000 would be a good card, I think most people here running Quadros currently have the P4000

The bigger question is what CPU are you looking at, and how much RAM? Also what speed of RAM are you looking at.

32Gb of RAM is your sweet spot, and get at some FAST ram. You will have to turn on the setting in your BIOS to make it run faster than stock though,but that's easy.

• Thanks 1

Hopefully this is what I wind up with. My current system is 6 years old. Just loaded MCAM2020 and my current GPU is not supported. 

Intel i9-9900K 5.0ghz processor

Asus Z-390 motherboard

32GB of DDR4 memory

500GB Samsung EVO NVMe Solid State Drive

750watt Power Supply

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Price: $1799.99

The Nvidia Quadro P5000 Videocard by itself is $2249.99.

Total price for everything:

$4049.98

2 hours ago, Peter B said:

Hopefully this is what I wind up with. My current system is 6 years old. Just loaded MCAM2020 and my current GPU is not supported. 

Intel i9-9900K 5.0ghz processor

Asus Z-390 motherboard

32GB of DDR4 memory

500GB Samsung EVO NVMe Solid State Drive

750watt Power Supply

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Price: $1799.99

The Nvidia Quadro P5000 Videocard by itself is $2249.99.

Total price for everything:

$4049.98

Is that in U.S. dollars?  that price seems awful high. Especially for the video card.

$1740 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/PNY-Quadro-VCQP5000-PB-256-bit-Express/dp/B01N6W4CVB