Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Top of stock

jim1960

I am confused over Top of stock.  I think I used to use it to start a hole with in a hole. 

Such as if I had made a  1.5" diameter pocket with a depth of .5" then wanted to drill a .5" hole  inside that pocket to a total of 1" deep I would set Top of stock for the drill bit to -.5" so the drill bit would not drill air but would rapid to -.5" then start drilling.

Am i correct?

My 2019 and now 2020 will not do this and when I bring this up to my VAR he claims that I am not right.

Thanks

Jim

Set your retract to incremental of something like .1 and clearance to .100 absolute. Be sure you uncheck use clearance only at start and and of cycle. This will rapid your drill to -.400 drill your hole and then retract to .100 over your zero before moving to next hole.

Capture.PNG.924106935adbed0ad9b282a642076637.PNG

( 3/16 SPOTDRILL )
( SPOT  HOLES )
T1 M6
G0 G54 G90 X0. Y0. S5000 M3
G43 H1 Z.1
M8
G98 G81 Z-1. R-.4  F10.
G80
M9
M5
G28 G91 Z0.