Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Windows 98 Upgraded To windows 10

"seeing all my programs on the server". < What operating system is running on your Server?

How are you "looking" for your Programs? (Are you browsing in Windows Explorer, or are you trying to open the Programs through your "NC File Editor"?

If you are opening the NC Files in an Editor (like Cimco or Code Expert), then try changing the "File Type" filter, in the File Open dialog box. (In Code Expert, "text files", also include the "*.*" Filter, so that "text file" option will show every file that exists in a given folder.)

I would highly recommend contacting your Mastercam Reseller, and getting their help in figuring out what needs to be updated or upgraded, across your company. Another option would be to get an IT Consultant to come in and help with your systems.

11 hours ago, jlw™ said:

I would be wanting a new computer... anything that ran Win98 is going to struggle with Win10 alone.  Then try to push modern Mastercam with it...

Just curious, what does it spec out at?

I've got to agree 

I have an old Dell Precision laptop I bought years ago as a Win7 machine

I used it a lot and did a lot of serious Mastercam work with it.

Updating it to Win10 turned it into a slug, 

I've thought about maxing out it's ram to see if it would help, but the machine is so old it's really not worth the 

couple of hundred $$ it would cost... 

I've also considered, formatting it, and installing a fresh copy of Win7, but again.. the machine is old and Win7

is reaching it's End of Support date, so that is not worth the effort.

On 6/19/2019 at 3:13 PM, Richard Houldcroft said:

Hi 

Recently up graded my computer from 98 to Windows 10. We needed to do this to upgrade our Mastercam.

I am having difficulties in Windows 10 seeing all my program on the server. Anyone having this issue and know of a fix??

Thanks 

Why don't you buy a brand new Powerful Computer, MasterCam is meant for strong and powerful computer.  In that way, we will have no issue with it at all.  Here are the recommended specs.: 

CPU = i7, 8th/9th Generation
Graphic Card = Invidia 4GB/
Memorry = 32 Gigs
Hard Drive = 516SSD

Proximate cost  = $1,500 - $2,000