Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3D CURVE MULTIAXIS POST

Kolson1989

6 minutes ago, Kolson1989 said:

Is MPMaster a post editor

MPMaster is the base post available at the top of this forum.

I think you are referring to Mastercam Code Expert editor.

Use this editor to open the post you are using and you will be able to see where the Post originated from.

If you look at the files tab at the top of the operations manager (Properties) it will tell you what post you are using.

Generic posts originating from Mastercam are usually initialed CNC in the revision log at the top of the post.

If you see IHS initials here it is an In House Solutions (our sponsors) post.

If you can't see anything (in whole or part) it is a binned (encrypted) post and you will have to call your reseller

You will need to know what you have under the hood before you can be helped properly.

I think I understand what you are saying.  The editor we have is Cimco v8.  Under the general settings, or all the settings for that matter there is no selection box similar to the MPMaster.  I may just have to edit them out by hand, attached is a sample of the program.  If you scroll down you can see where the first retract is and where it inserts the MB's and the plane reset turn.  I feel i could delete lines 410-415,&417, keep line 416 and get the result i am looking for.  

Thoughts?

Thanks!

C890_det_600_FULL_ECR3_rev_A.H

9 minutes ago, nickbe10 said:

MPMaster is the base post available at the top of this forum.

I think you are referring to Mastercam Code Expert editor.

Use this editor to open the post you are using and you will be able to see where the Post originated from.

If you look at the files tab at the top of the operations manager (Properties) it will tell you what post you are using.

Generic posts originating from Mastercam are usually initialed CNC in the revision log at the top of the post.

If you see IHS initials here it is an In House Solutions (our sponsors) post.

If you can't see anything (in whole or part) it is a binned (encrypted) post and you will have to call your reseller

You will need to know what you have under the hood before you can be helped properly.

Are you able to tell from this snip?

Thanks

post.PNG

1 minute ago, Kolson1989 said:

Thoughts?

What version of Mastercam are you running?

Most post files are .pst files, so when you are searching you should be looking for "all files" or Text (.txt) files.

If you have Mastercam X8 (sic?) or later Code Expert comes installed and has a .pst filter in the drop down, but you can also show them by selecting .txt option.

Code expert is also useful looking at posts because it has in built knowledge of the MP language that the post is written in, like auto complete.

1 minute ago, Machineguy said:

Get some help from your reseller !!!!!

If it is an MPMaster he doesn't need to edit anything.

3 minutes ago, Kolson1989 said:

Should have Code Expert. What OS?

If it is Windows 8 or 10 look on your apps list under Mastercam.

1 hour ago, nickbe10 said:

On MPMaster there is  a switch in the "General Output Settings"   section for full vertical retract. Is this a 5 axis or MPMaster multiaxis?

ret_on_indx      : 0           #Machine home retract on rotary index moves, (0 = no, 1 = yes)

His Post does not show this option, his zip file contains the ziptogo with his post in it. 

It does show this:

# mi1 - Transition Retract (Null toolchange)
#        0 = M140
#        1 = M91 Home
#        2 = No Retract
#   This setting applies to transitions between 2 operations using the same tool.  Also applies
#   to depth cuts, multiple passes, and multiple chains in a single op (M128).

• Like 1
15 hours ago, ajmer said:

try this in all the toolpaths and repost

be careful with the results

image.thumb.png.961a972f087ef81ec3e9572682e16f0f.png

thanks much, I will try that.  Just had edited the retracts out, and produced the result I was looking for.  Like I said, was just hoping for a quick parameter change that would produce the same code that Mastercam simulated.  

Thanks Again!

8 minutes ago, Kolson1989 said:

Like I said, was just hoping for a quick parameter change that would produce the same code that Mastercam simulated.  

What Mastercam simulates exists before the posted code....so it won't show things that are manipulated in the post processor

3 hours ago, Old_Bear said:

What Mastercam simulates exists before the posted code....so it won't show things that are manipulated in the post processor

exactly.... but I did change the value under integer to 2 (no) and it seemed to do the trick.  Next job that I run into this scenario I will be sure to give it a shot. 

Thanks all. 

As for the editor, it is popping up CIMCO because it was changed in the Config area to default to it. it you went back in using the quick short cut key of "Alt F8" go to Start and /Exit. You will seee Editor and set it to Mastercam and this will use the Code Expert folks were talking about as that is the Default editor from install.