Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Custom Thread Mill 2019

This is my first time trying to create a custom thread mill in mastercam 19. I followed some previous forms/tutorials and am still having issues. I am trying to get it to create a single point insert thread mill (Kennemetal 5593134). I have tried 2 ways so far first I tried importing the tool file that i downloaded from kennametals NOVO app which gave me the correct geometry however the threads that mastercam was overlaying did not line up. Second I brought in a DXF of the tool and sketched out half the profile then tried to create a tool with that but it came up with a different geometry and the threads did not line up again. I attached some pictures as well as the stp file of the tool. I would appreciate any help I can get on here especially knowing if this tool is even possible to use with mastercam thread mill tool path.

Thanks!

Custom tool with wrong geometry and threads.jpg

Custom tool with kennametal file.jpg

Thread Mill.DXF

KTMDUED144L512Z3.STP

KTMDUED144L512Z3 Tool Outline.mcam

Mastercam doesn't care what tool you use. I've used boring bards before the wizard.

You cutting length should be the pitch if it's one tooth and the shoulder length will be your reduced shank up to the full shank.

I'm on 2018 and always have to drop the cutting length a couple thousanths to get the active teeth to come out correct.

No need to use a file or level geometry now that the treadmill wizard is there