Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

You know what would be awesome......

Programinator

.....If we could get a real visual representation in backplot or verify of the actual feedrate of a toolpath.  Like if we were to hit play in backplot and we would see visually exactly how fast the cutter would be feeding in real life.  For the most part knowing the sfm and fpt is good to go on.  But sometimes it would be nice to see that visual.  For example if i'm circle milling a bore and the diameter of that bore is not too much bigger than the cutter i'm using.  If i use the normal sfm and fpt for that cutter it will whip around that hole too fast.  I know there are calculations for this exact scenario but i just think it would be awesome to have a way to select a "visual actual feed rate" in backplot.  Especially in my case where i'm a remote worker and i don't get to see the machine running.  With my many years of setup and operating experience i many times go by visual and sound of a cutter instead of the actual numbers.

Don't worry i'm not going to ask for Mastercam to give me sound feedback.  haha

• Like 1

i believe there is time mode in the machine simulator that does this, like faster feeding toolpaths will actually show simulating faster than slower feeding paths, the button is labeled NC mode, but when you just change it to Feed Mode.

34 minutes ago, JoshC said:

i believe there is time mode in the machine simulator that does this, like faster feeding toolpaths will actually show simulating faster than slower feeding paths, the button is labeled NC mode, but when you just change it to Feed Mode.

Never knew that.  Thanks

I haven't worked much with machine simulation.  Wish it was an option in verify or backploat

• Like 1

For the example you gave (the circle milling), mastercam would only be able to show the programmed but not the actual feed rate on the machine.

The actual is dependent upon the acc/dec of the machine parameters, and also (talking Fanuc) things like whether tool compensation is used or not and circle mill parameter settings etc. So I personally don't think this would be of much use.

Sorry!

3 hours ago, Newbeeee™ said:

For the example you gave (the circle milling), mastercam would only be able to show the programmed but not the actual feed rate on the machine.

The actual is dependent upon the acc/dec of the machine parameters, and also (talking Fanuc) things like whether tool compensation is used or not and circle mill parameter settings etc. So I personally don't think this would be of much use.

Sorry!

Very true.  I guess its just a dream.  I hate not being in the shop but i love working remotely too.

On 6/21/2019 at 5:58 AM, JoshC said:

CAMplete does that nicely.

• Like 1