Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Active Reports Designer VS X+ for Setup Sheets

Dave228

Hello,

I finally took the plunge and learned how to use Active Reports Designer which comes with Mastercam. Originally I started using X+ for setup sheets. X+ isn't bad to use but it wasn't very easy to change the layout without knowing basic webpage design. Active Reports Designer is very easy to create a layout, even from scratch but it is cumbersome to learn the basics behind Active Reports Designer. Once you get the basics under your belt its not too bad to use and its definitely more powerful than X+. You can pull almost every parameter from a toolpath, work offsets, tools, you name it  and it can probably be pulled into a report.

Having said all that, I did actually enjoy creating my reports and made 3 different reports. 1st report is just for tools and meant to give the tool kit guy enough info to assemble the tools. 2nd report is for the setup/operator and has basic info so they can setup and know what the program does. 3rd report is an in depth report which includes things like all operations using a specific tool, all operations using a specific work offset, ect. . .

Contact me to discuss having a custom report created. I will be happy to answer questions or tweak reports to your liking, THAT I CREATED FOR YOU. Sorry I don't have enough time to take on everyone's general tech support questions. I have included PDF files of my 3 reports to show the info captured.

Dave

Tooling & Design Concepts

[email protected]

Tooling.pdf

Simple Report.pdf

Detailed Report.pdf

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

Good looking reports!

Here we are still all Excel hand edit reports as tool setter man wants/needs a lot of informations I never could add automagically with Mcam reports.

I just gave a try to ActiveReports to build tool lists and i got pretty nice results for simple assemblies (1 cutting tool + 1 holder).

However I struggled for assemblies composed from 2 or more holders in standalone tool manager. I couldn't output infos (manufacturer name/code) from specific holders. I only found generic infos in XML file that holder was a 'composite' one.

I'm wondering if anyone could do it?

I m in the process trying Varco reports too and I couldn't find a way either. I will ask Jim too.

15 hours ago, David Colin said:

However I struggled for assemblies composed from 2 or more holders in standalone tool manager. I couldn't output infos (manufacturer name/code) from specific holders. I only found generic infos in XML file that holder was a 'composite' one.

The Varco Reports support tool assemblies that use two holders:

Asembly w 2 Holders.png