Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 install issues (win10)

Codeworx

So I have this customer who is on X7. I usually will program customers parts in whatever version they own for ease of edits or future re-run. As much as I encourage shops to upgrade some just don't have the budget.

I've tried numerous times to install X7 on windows 10 x64 laptop, I did a fresh download form Mastercam.com to make sure my install files were good. I have X2, X8, X9, 2017, 2019 installed currently all work with no issues.

I found this thread:

https://www.emastercam.com/forums/topic/78180-had-a-seemingly-unfixable-install-problem-w-32-bit-x7-hle-2-weeks-of-debugging-later-heres-how-to-fix-it/

Tried this "fix" to no avail. Short of fresh windows install (which i'm likely due for but don't have the time) does anyone have any other ideas?

TIA

Ray

• 1 year later...
13 minutes ago, Luis Eduardo Aleman R. said:

what is the solution I can not enter the forum, I do not have active maintenance.

Just create an account and link it to your valid sim, it will work even if your maintenance is expired.

CodeMeter conflict halts X7 installation

3 Years Ago

Michael Heiligmann

Installation / Configuration
108.png

Problem

Installation of Mastercam X7 nearly finishes, then halts, and uninstalls itself with a message about an interruption in the installation.

Cause

A newer version of CodeMeter is installed on the system.

Solution

Uninstall CodeMeter, install Mastercam X7, and then install the newer CodeMeter version.

4 hours ago, Luis Eduardo Aleman R. said:

what is the solution I can not enter the forum, I do not have active maintenance.

You do not need active maintenance to access Mastercam.com.

You need a valid sim attached to the PC you use to create the account.

18 hours ago, Luis Eduardo Aleman R. said:

We had a problem installing programs "out of sequence". In our case we had installed X9 and 2020.

Needed 2019 to do updates but it wouldn't play.

In the end we uninstalled 2020, then installed 2019 then reinstalled 2020.

Everything was fine then....all versions.