Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MultiXPost Alarm on Verify 2020

jerms

I keep getting an alarm that started in Mastercam 2020.  "MultiXPost can not interpolate between two moves with opposite orientations"  If I click OK verify will close. If I click the X in the corner to close the alarm, I can run verify but I will get alarms. The alarms are at points where the tool changes 180deg. the alarm message is "Error when cutting move 4235 of op 24" (just an example)
I can verify the same file in Mcam 19 without a problem (it was created in 19 and migrated to 20). I believe it is from the way it handles the poles, but every time I change them in config they just convert back. 

Has anyone else experienced this and know of a solution? 

Thank you!

Hello Jeremy,

This is a known issue and is being resolved currently.  The work around is to turn off the "Max Distance" field in the post settings of the SImulator Options page.  As you have found it does get reset.  It is due to the infinite possibility of moves to get from on position to the other.

Ken Fortier

Product Owner, Integration

CNC Software, Inc.

OpposingPlanesIssue.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 9:48 AM, LinkolnLog said:

Hello Jeremy,

This is a known issue and is being resolved currently.  The work around is to turn off the "Max Distance" field in the post settings of the SImulator Options page.  As you have found it does get reset.  It is due to the infinite possibility of moves to get from on position to the other.

Ken Fortier

Product Owner, Integration

CNC Software, Inc.

OpposingPlanesIssue.jpg

thanks this post helped me today. i had to turn off the two other check boxes to the left of that check box too but it worked well.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

On 7/26/2019 at 6:00 AM, JoshC said:

thanks this post helped me today. i had to turn off the two other check boxes to the left of that check box too but it worked well.

I found the same only un-checking "Max distance" does not fix this issue.

• 3 months later...

I recently had this issue as well, with a raster toolpath... which  was getting this error... so my solution was to change to old-school parallel, which solved it.

I thought of it as a toolpath problem... possible collision checking problem that the simulator couldn't solve.

So now... I went back to the raster that had this problem... and turned off those three check-boxes... and it worked... no more error.

********************************************************************************

My question is... does this affect any collision checking?

Why are those three check-boxes there in the first place?

I just want to understand the ramifications of turning off something I have never messed with before.

Thanks!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Having same issue here when using a drill operation, axis control, rotary axis control, rotation type, with rotation type set to rotary positioning. I have always programmed drilled holes like this on multi axis parts(99% of the time with a 4th) and never any issues.

The only way I could fix it was to treat it like cutting a contour on a rotary. Use planes, set WCS to top, and tool/construction planes to the one I want to work in.

Will there be a fix for this before the next version comes out, or will it still be broken then? This used to work fine in previous versions, and now it's broken...

3 minutes ago, milehighxr said:

Having same issue here when using a drill operation, axis control, rotary axis control, rotation type, with rotation type set to rotary positioning. I have always programmed drilled holes like this on multi axis parts(99% of the time with a 4th) and never any issues.

The only way I could fix it was to treat it like cutting a contour on a rotary. Use planes, set WCS to top, and tool/construction planes to the one I want to work in.

Will there be a fix for this before the next version comes out, or will it still be broken then? This used to work fine in previous versions, and now it's broken...

Next version is out..install it and try it..

I have, so far any way, found the issues I was having with Machsim seem to have been addressed

• 8 months later...
3 hours ago, gettinlate said:

I found that just changing the MAX ANGLE to 180 worked for me.

Update: After messing with this all day, I've come to the conclusion that it's just squirrely. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Machine sim looked like a really useful tool to learn, but I think I'm wasting my time.

• 2 years later...

Im getting this error in MC 2024. Unchecking Max distance seems to fix it for me, but it does not save. If i start a new file max distance is enabled again. 

How do i check this setting permanently? I've looked in machine/control definition but cant seem to find it. 

22 hours ago, amw said:

Im getting this error in MC 2024. Unchecking Max distance seems to fix it for me, but it does not save. If i start a new file max distance is enabled again. 

How do i check this setting permanently? I've looked in machine/control definition but cant seem to find it. 

Sounds like the machinesim xml needs to be corrected. That will have to be edited through the Machinesim dialog. If you have never done it best to reach out to your reseller and let them show you why they are you reseller. That said each dealer is different so if you don't get the answer you want then don't hesitiate pushing the issue up to tech support at CNC Software.