Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Camplete help

Bbeyer562

Using camplete to post for a grob 550... I'm having serious problems every time I try and drill holes in 3+2 locations camplete for some reason wants to drive my spindle out of the machine and then straight into my rotary. Then it comes out and drills the holes just fine is there a way to fix this I have tried 5 axis and regular drilling it don't seem to care it wants to kill my machine then drill holes... Camplete support has been garbage any tips or anybody know how I can just delete the kill mode line of code in camplete I have tried so many things but it seems like camplete just won't let me delete that line 

There maybe a bad tool chainge location and the tool changer simulation macro. 

If you hold shift and edit the machine you will unlock the secret settings. Here you can adjust the tool change macro for position. Ours was set wrong for our mx330. I believe it will be a g53 move to wherever your tool change macro sends your machine.

It could be in the 3 + 2 transition block also.

Does this happen on the machine too or only a simulation? 

• Like 1

I'll look into my tool change position and the other things mentioned it's a real pain in the butt. Right now my only work around has been doing point moves off in space Randomly until it works. I think it's actually in my positioning blocks of code when it goes g64 to 3+2 rotation it sends x and y right to the center of rotation and then pile drives the spindle... But it also does it in between tools like I'll go spot drill at 4 different 3+2 locations then grab my drill and it will crash out again.. This is my first 5 axis venture and I have been using camplete for about a week so I got some stuff to learn.I have done plenty of 4th axis horizontal programming. I did make sure all planes are using the same work offset. I appreciate all the input this far.

What's the control on that machine?

Make sure you are running in collision check, not realtime.

The code will turn red on a crash. Double click on the red code and it will take the machine to that crash and take a screen shot of the gcodes at that point

Seimens 840d with grob front end on it... It's a wicked machine. Also my first seimens controller... But I can't see myself running anything else after this. (I actually don't run anything else in the shop anymore, I just program them all) I forgot my dang mouse at work and well mastercam and camplete on the take home computer with no mouse is horrible. I will look into all of this bright and early tomorrow. I see where it's crashing in the code I just don't know why it's trying to travel to that location. If I could just delete that block I would. But I haven't figured that out yet either. The guys at camplete willaube me more helpful tomorrow after their Canada day weekend.

I think I went wrong in my plane construction I made planes to entity normal off of lines and points made In the hole axis feature of model prep because when drilling holes in a conical wall I didn't know how else to go about getting normal to it (any tips and tricks appreciated) I'll post some stuff up tomorrow of what I was getting....also I have been in contact with Ivan today from camplete. He's been incredibly helpful so far compared to the other people I was dealing with previously. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get a part out that's within .003 of nomanal on every feature... The grob is an awesome machine and camplete is a great tool o just have to fully unlock it.

Using hole axis if fine.

Make sure all the wcs are at "5axis home position" and the other 2 to the right are at the hole axis plane, or other features.

In mastercam you don't need it to be in the "correct" orientation, it will figure it out during posting

18 hours ago, Bbeyer562 said:

I think I went wrong in my plane construction I made planes to entity normal off of lines and points made In the hole axis feature of model prep because when drilling holes in a conical wall I didn't know how else to go about getting normal to it (any tips and tricks appreciated) I'll post some stuff up tomorrow of what I was getting....also I have been in contact with Ivan today from camplete. He's been incredibly helpful so far compared to the other people I was dealing with previously. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get a part out that's within .003 of nomanal on every feature... The grob is an awesome machine and camplete is a great tool o just have to fully unlock it.

You can make your planes that way, but if you want the mall to share the same point then make a level you WCS point and then associate all your planes to that point. Cool thing is if you do it this way and ever need to move that point all planes associated to that point will be updated if it is ever moved.

Oh yeah I always forget about that!!!!! kind of annoying...… I just fixed it again yay! my IT guy must have done something with my software the other day because the latest update for camplete was not installed anymore. Thanks again guys for all the help

What I see is you need to have world Top WCS in the center of the pallet (center of rotation)

All other planes should be at the same origin (center of rotation)

If you want to have part zero where your model is now, you can shift the part/fixture in Camplete.

in Camplete: Home, Transforms, Cam World to Machine World

Also, program your depths in incremental instead of absolute, that way if you shift things slightly you wont have to re-select all your depths.

1 hour ago, kccadcam said:

What I see is you need to have world Top WCS in the center of the pallet (center of rotation)

All other planes should be at the same origin (center of rotation)

If you want to have part zero where your model is now, you can shift the part/fixture in Camplete.

in Camplete: Home, Transforms, Cam World to Machine World

Also, program your depths in incremental instead of absolute, that way if you shift things slightly you wont have to re-select all your depths.

The planes other than the world top 5 Axis zero can be anywhere as long as the wcs is the same world top for all of them.

I don't program off of center of rotation for any 4th axis or the new five axis machines... Call me crazy but it's much better in my opinion to have zero always set to part zero if possible. Makes moving parts to different machines with different centers of rotation much easier. It also allows my stock sizes to change a bit with no reprogramming by me, furthermore it allows me to put any proven out part or fixture on any available horizontal we have on any side of the tomb and I don't have to change anything. Probing routines and G10 methods of programming are awesome!!