Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC 2020 QUESTION

d4ofusc

So I was excited to use the new drawing features in the 2020 . I downloaded the install from Master-cam website , ran it and everything worked flawlessly. My only problem is the yellow stripe across the screen at the top saying this is not a genuine copy wth smh . The software sees my sim. I called my reseller and we are working to figure out what the problem is . I guess my question to all is  " Is there anyone having the same issue ? if so did anyone get it resolved with there reseller? "

ok i went to file\help\about  and a window appeared with my company name under licensed to  and my user name on the computer also i see the sim number  type is hasp  and maintenance expires 1-31-20

Version 0.31.0.154
Parasolid
Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.

this was also in the window

i have also emailed the link to genuine.mastercam or whatever and i havnt heard back either. its more annoying then anything , and i dont want customer to see that message when im showing something. 

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted the reseller, no joy in mudville...

Let's just say I have a slightly different situation than is norm... if you're a traveling programmer and work from different locations...beware, you might have this same issue.

At this point, I'll be uninstalling 2020 and sticking with 2019...I can't have setup screenshots going out like that..

Maintenance next year, I'll not be footing for it.

9 minutes ago, JeremyV said:

I'm guessing MC2020 is no longer in beta and the official vers. is now released to the public?  Cept, i'm seeing a lot of bugs at the moment?

MC2020 has been out for a couple of months now.

This thread is about a licensing issue some people are experiencing, not bugs.

I will leave it to people further up the food chain to explain it as I don't know all the details and do not want to post incorrect info.

Update ...... still waiting on someone to help with the yellow stripe from CNC software , but thanks to @gcode i have found out about my 5 post limit. Naturally i dont jump into the latest version of a software  but i was so excited about the new chaining box and some other features that i went ahead and did it. SMH *note to self ....will not do that again*

MC has always searched for evidence of piracy including, among other things, Hasp emulators. In MC2020 we added that yellow bar if we smell something fishy. Emulators are the most common reason we're seeing so far for the appearance of that yellow bar.

I encourage everyone who sees the bar to please use that 'genuine' mastercam email address. We are still working to get the word out to our resellers about how to eliminate that evidence we're finding.

(d40fusc - if you email me ([email protected]) your Hasp # I can investigate a little bit and perhaps tell you what you might be able to do to get rid of the bar)

• Like 1

Thank you CNC software !!! finally got someone who wants to help . Yellow bar is no more .

**** If you are having this issue my suggestion is to keep posting until you find someone like Pete that will get in there and handle it **** 

Well done +999 rep for ya Pete

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Pete Rimkus from CNC Software Inc. said:

I encourage everyone who sees the bar to please use that 'genuine' mastercam email address. We are still working to get the word out to our resellers about how to eliminate that evidence we're finding.

Already did, twice

• 4 weeks later...

Just to update this....I FINALLY got this straightened out....part of my issue was I have my customers SIM....we're on different coasts and the question came up about whether he was still in business or if I had a SIM that I should not have...CNC did get what they needed from my customer and all is well again.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, crays said:

Will the Mastercam  System Inspector Utility provide any information about what is triggering this issue?

No get a hold of your dealer and get them to re-register your Legal Hasp. If you dealer is not your dealer anymore then contact CNC Software directly and they will get it cleared up for you. Problem is to many people who are pirates not using the Software Legally and they have to protect their business.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

No get a hold of your dealer and get them to re-register your Legal Hasp. If you dealer is not your dealer anymore then contact CNC Software directly and they will get it cleared up for you. Problem is to many people who are pirates not using the Software Legally and they have to protect their business.

AFAIK this solution is ineffective at preventing piracy. And fixing the software glitches would be a far better way of protecting their business.

22 hours ago, crays said:

Will the Mastercam  System Inspector Utility provide any information about what is triggering this issue?

This issue can be triggered if there has ever been a HASP emulator installed on a machine... even if the machine is now running legit software.

This can also be triggered by geographic issues as in the hasp was sold by a dealer in the East Coast, and is now phoning home

from a West Coast location.

You will need to contact your dealer or CNC Software to get it resolved

• 4 months later...