Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2020 not using wcs

If I remember correctly, when doing 4th axis indexing parts. I use to setup my part with the center or rotation at A0. This is in the top plane. Then any angled cuts, i just create a new view with whatever geometry I need. Then its just chain and make sure to set the wcs to TOP, the T&C plane to whatever angle and it will make everything work out. For some reason I now have to move this plane to X0. Y0. Z0. for it to post out correctly now. And this post is also forcing me to use different wcs numbers. I changed them all to -1 but when I post it keeps forcing G54 for the first toolpath and g55 for the 2nd toolpath.

Moving to the origin for any multi-axis work has ALWAYS been the best method....

Offsets, if you're using MPMaster, there is a MI$ variable for setting it to the first offset #...if not, just set all your used planes to be 0

1 minute ago, Rocketmachinist said:

I forgot about the renumber work offsets screen. Is there a way to default that to 0.

You could do a Template file with basic planes created and set to 0...additional planes would still have to be set...no way to give planes a default work offset