Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Adding Coolant Event to Tree

Hey Folks, 

I am running an Okuma and getting the post squared away.

I am trying to add a coolant "event". However I can only do so if I disable backwards coolant compatibility.

I would prefer NOT to run X style coolant because of constantly having to check the "before","with","after box".

In My post I have gone through and defined Sm08_3 and Sm09_3, and added where appropriate.

My basic question is this.

How do I add a coolant event to utilize Sm08_3!

Thanks,
Dave W.

2019_07_11_08_14_11_Greenshot.png

9 minutes ago, Old_Bear said:

V9 style can only have 3...if you want or need more, you have to move the X style coolant

What a shame...Thanks

Is there a way to default the Before,with,after to a specific setting?

In the operational defaults page all I get is on or off for options when using x style coolant

>> Is there a way to default the Before,with,after to a specific setting?

You should be able to do that -- the key is making sure that your .mcam-defaults file uses the actual machine definition that you want to use for your parts, not the generic machine definition.

The attached PDF should give you some more info.

Regards,
Robert

working-with-coolant.pdf

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 5:13 AM, dwilson357 said:

Hey Folks, 

I am trying to add a coolant "event". However I can only do so if I disable backwards coolant compatibility.

I would prefer NOT to run X style coolant because of constantly having to check the "before","with","after box".

In My post I have gone through and defined Sm08_3 and Sm09_3, and added where appropriate.

Thanks,
Dave W.

This is what I have

COOLANT.png.6d9a2d809ac39c3581b4cb68ba43d2ce.png

On 7/11/2019 at 5:13 AM, dwilson357 said:

Hey Folks, 

Thanks,
Dave W.

Hi Dave,

"non-X Style Coolant" (known colloquially as "V9 Style Coolant"), only allows you to have 3 coolant "On" Options, and a single "Off" option.

Some Post Developers will "tweak" the V9 Style Coolant, to add separate "Off" codes, but they are still limited to only supporting 3 coolant options in the Mastercam Interface.

If you are adamant about sticking with V9 Style Coolant, then you cannot access more than 3 coolant options. That's just the way the system is configured.

--------------------

I know you don't want to use X-Style Coolant, due to the Before/With/After, but there is a work-around that might interest you.

The Before/With/After options are designed to be output with the following Post Blocks:

• Before - The "Before" flagged codes are output through 'pcan' Post Block, as a Separate Line of Code.
  • With - The "With" flagged codes are output in a 2-step process. 'pcan1' builds a string: 'strcantext'. The 'strcantext' output string, then outputs the M-codes.
  • After - The "After" flagged codes are output through 'pcan2' Post Block, as a Separate Line of Code.

If you don't use the "Canned Text" options (at all), and some people do not, then you have the option to simply move the 'pcan' Post Block Calls, so that the "Before" Coolant just comes out exactly where you want it to. That way you don't have to mess with changing all the default settings...

• Like 1