Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

multiaxis parallel toolpath

Kolson1989

Hello, 

I am trying to use a parallel tool path to cut an angle into a radius.  It seem that in the beginning of the path it cuts exactly what I would like it to.  After that it jumps around and looks to be cutting the same material.  Why would it be doing this.  Thanks for any and all suggestions.  

I did have to change my step over from .010" to .050" in order to get a file size to upload.  Tool path still seems to be cutting more then it needs to .

Thank you for your valuable time!

CURL.ZIP

I believe I just found my issue.  While in roughing parameters I had my roughing passes set to 15.  Not realizing that It would run the same level 15 times, not step 15 times.  Sorry, it has been a long day and this job was just tasked to me saying "see what you can do".  It is exciting because this has been the most difficult multi axis request so far.

Thank you have a great weekend

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:58 PM, Kolson1989 said:

I believe I just found my issue.  While in roughing parameters I had my roughing passes set to 15.  Not realizing that It would run the same level 15 times, not step 15 times.  Sorry, it has been a long day and this job was just tasked to me saying "see what you can do".  It is exciting because this has been the most difficult multi axis request so far.

Thank you have a great weekend

What was your solution?

23 hours ago, Lazarusman said:

What was your solution?

Opps misread your post.  The roughing passes were causing it to basically take spring passes.  But I also had tolerancing goofed up, and collision settings played a role in tool retract issues.  I posed another parallel toolpath topic and another member went into great detail with helping me.  Check it out, should be near the top of the list.  Thanks!