Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Vision system with probe?

I asked this on Pm but haven't gotten any useful responses yet.  

I'm looking at trying to get a combo vision system / CMM in here. What machines should I be looking at and how much should I expect to spend? We're a small medical device company, make some parts including bone plates and surgical implements in-house, and job out a ton of Swiss parts like bone screws and need to be able to inspect them reliably and efficiently.

Thanks

Hexagon Metrology has the best one on the market.  There is another one from OGP that is also good.  Expect to pay from $55k-65K depending on options.  One can be had for less, but will not have a lot of the options you will eventually need.

• Like 1

I will try and find out something this weekend if I get a chance. I'll be doing some contract work at an insert and tooling manufacture in Houston. They can put a tray of 50 or so thread inserts on it and it has cameras that look at each individual insert to check the different angles and radius in a just a couple of seconds per insert. When it finds something out of tolerance it stops and lights it up the insert on the tray.  There were about 20 or so like this in their facility. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

We have an OGP Smartscope for only optical but a Zeiss O-Inspect that is a combo machine. I know that  according to our QC guys the Zeiss better vs the OGP for optical measurements, but the OGP is a little faster for stuff without a program.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Matthew Hajicek™ - Conventus said:

How much did that cost?

Good question..... We brought this one in1999 for the micromaching lab, I left a year later, they closed the lab and the machines were divided up around campus. I came back a few years ago and last year I was walking past the Physics loading dock and some guy was wrestling the old SeeBrez into a dumpster, So I asked what were they doing and he said it didn't work anymore and he was told to trash it because the company was no longer in business.... I told him they were, but of course he insisted that they weren't. I asked if I could have it and was told that if I could get it out of there in a hour I could. So I took it called Quality Control Solutions, they remember me and the machine and said they would rebuild it to 2019 spec's for us for Cost, because we were a University, so I wrote all of this because I really don't know. I emailed the owner and asked what it would cost.... soon as he responds I will let you know. I think he has a good dealer in Chicago.... Service and training are key to being able to get everything out of these. But I am sure it is reasonable but because of the quality, it is not as cheap as a ScienceScope…. but it may be worth it for you to find out. - After we get training I may be able to answer any questions about what I will do or not do.   - matt

• Thanks 1