Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Choppy verify

JB7280

I think my pc is pretty decent, but when I verify a program, it's incredibly choppy.  To the point where it's not really useful for anything but seeing the final product.  Are there settings somewhere to make the toolpaths run a little smoother??  Thank You!

46 minutes ago, JB7280 said:

I think my pc is pretty decent, but when I verify a program, it's incredibly choppy.  To the point where it's not really useful for anything but seeing the final product.  Are there settings somewhere to make the toolpaths run a little smoother??  Thank You!

There are two lines in the XML file that can be edited to improve the quality. The location of the XML file is below:

C:\Users\username\Documents\my mcam(VERSION)\MastercamSimulatorDefaults.xml

Edit the Force 5 axis option to True and also adjust the Precision Factor from 1 to 4 maximum.

13 hours ago, JoshC said:

GPU.pdf if you have an integrated and dedicated graphics card i would suggest reviewing the GPU knowledge base article attached which could help

Didn't make too much difference, but thank you.  The graphics card is a Quadro M2000M.  Not sure where that ranks.