Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

constantly have to reset hotkeys

lowcountrycamo

On 7/20/2019 at 4:18 PM, lowcountrycamo said:

I have several custom hotkeys I have to reset constantly.  My default keys seem to always work.  This has been happening at least since 2018.  I am on 2020 now.  Any one seen this?

Thanks,

steve a

Are you file sharing your documents folder? I have seen file shared document folders cause this problem since mastercam stores the user data folder in the computes defaults documents location. Something as simple as losing connection to the file share could potentially cause a reset of the user data folder if mastercam cant locate the file share directory where the users data folder resides. 

On 7/22/2019 at 8:33 AM, JoshC said:

Are you file sharing your documents folder? I have seen file shared document folders cause this problem since mastercam stores the user data folder in the computes defaults documents location. Something as simple as losing connection to the file share could potentially cause a reset of the user data folder if mastercam cant locate the file share directory where the users data folder resides. 

So we are on a redirect server like most others I guess.  Our Desktop and Documents are the only folders redirecting I believe.  Could that be causing this problem? Could I save these files in another area?   Or,  is there anything else I can do?  Please!

12 hours ago, lowcountrycamo said:

So we are on a redirect server like most others I guess.  Our Desktop and Documents are the only folders redirecting I believe.  Could that be causing this problem? Could I save these files in another area?   Or,  is there anything else I can do?  Please!

I think it could potentially be the problem especially if you have connection issues from time to time with the server where mastercam might lose access to its user data folder. If you want to see if this is the problem the location to change the user data folder directory is in the configuration, see image below. 

1.jpg

in the example in the image above i had created a folder on my C drive and pasted the directory in the field. then when you check out of the config it will ask if you would like to copy the contents from the original location to this new location. By doing this change here it will update the corresponding registry keys. Just make sure you build a folder first and direct it into a folder like i did in the image above because it will dump the user data folder contents into that location so you dont want those folder and files scattered somewhere. 

I don't know for sure that the redirected folders are causing the issue but i think it certainly could be since i experienced this issue before on my computer. Just make note of the original user data folder directory so if this doesn't work you can easily move it back to where it was originally.