Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

16 digits after decimal!!!

Broadhead

Whenever I use project, translate entities, or any of the other x-form functions, it will spit out a number in the values box that is 16 digits long after the decimal point.  I have looked all over for the setting to adjust this back to 4 digits but have not had any luck.  Can someone please point me in the right direction?

you mean to tell me you don't work out to 16 digits on your parts? just kidding haha. 

On a serious note though i cant seem to find a setting either that would cause this. If no one gets you an answer or if you cant find anything to fix it i bet you could do the following. 1. shut down mastercam

2. go here "C:\Users\UserName\Documents\my mcam2018\CONFIG\

3. Rename "mcamx.config" to "OLD_mcamx.config" (or for metric "mcamxm.config"

4. then start mastercam

By doing the steps above mastercam will build a new config file in a default state (and if this doesn't work you always can go back to the one you renamed)

Only problem with using this solution is you will then need to re-setup your config for mastercam under File --> configuration 

• Like 1

it's a know issue,

it has to do with the math engine they started using in Mcam 2018,

you do not have control of the output as a user,

as long as you type the correct value in the field the geom will be moved or copied to that position