Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

manual entry and "N" numbers

Hello all

I've been struggling on how to post out manual entry ops without any "N" number.

My order of ops I have is it starts off with a manual entry posting out as code (variable list and probe checks).

then I have the next two ops as drilling and surfacing (two different tools).

then I have another manual entry followed by a contouring op.

I'm currently getting a "N" number on the first op (manual entry) and nothing on the second path.

After that, every op is getting a N number.  

What I would like to do is NOT get "N" numbers on the manual entry ops.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,  Joey

Runnng Mastercam 2017

On 7/24/2019 at 1:41 PM, Joeyls319 said:

Any help would be appreciated.

Pretty sure if you output manual entry "as code" you will get line numbers if you have line number generation enabled.

If you have line numbers at tool change option you will not.

Is there a specific reason you want to output line numbers on every line (many people do not as it eats up a lot of memory in the control).

2 hours ago, F10Brandon said:

Where is this option located?

Do you know what "base post" you are using? If you are using MPMASTER from this site there are switches at the top of the post (General Output Settings). 

tseqno           : 1                     #Output sequence number at toolchanges when omitseq = yes
                                         #0=off, 1=seq numbers match toolchange number, 2=seq numbers match tool number

There is also a switch (check box) in the NC Output tab of the CD tree. This needs to be unchecked .

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, F10Brandon said:

Thanks for the help

There have also been a number of threads to modify the N output at tool change to keep track of multiple use tools using the two options, N value  = T# and N value = tool change number.