Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machining setup question

Hi guys, im in the process of creating a gcode for a plate, but when i load the fixture in mastercam it takes forever to change view from wireframe to shaded.

In wireframe view is ok the pan and rotating but when i change the view to solid shaded lines mastercam is very slow it takes forever to pan and rotate, my fixture is a 20 mb step file is a plate whith holes,the result MCAM file is just 30 mb, then i load another plate as stock and finally the part.

In my cad system the plate is ok the pan and rotating is ok, but i think the problem is the conversion of CAD system via step file to mastercam.

Well, I'll try throwing an answer against the wall...

First off, what are your computer spec's?   My files end up generally over 250 megs and my system performs well...

Secondly, if the plates have modeled threads in them, you're killing your performance.....modeled threads will use massive amounts of system resources.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Old_Bear said:

Well, I'll try throwing an answer against the wall...

First off, what are your computer spec's?   My files end up generally over 250 megs and my system performs well...

Secondly, if the plates have modeled threads in them, you're killing your performance.....modeled threads will use massive amounts of system resources.

my system is dual core , 6 gb of ram ddr3, and amd fire gl 512 mb opengl 4.1  grafics card. not so bad.

there is no modeled threads , just plane holes. the plate is 1 meter x 1 meter.

i am inside requirements when i open the fileim just using 2 gigs of ram and just 1 core and 50 percent.

im going to try in another pc maybe my pc is old. 

6 hours ago, Old_Bear said:

I'm running an i7-6700K 4 core 8 thread overclocked to 4.5GHz, with 64GB RAM and a Quadro M4000.  This system is four years old, so it's getting close to time to replace it.  A lot of people would have replaced it already, but it's still meeting my needs pretty well and CPU advances have been slow lately (but are picking up again).  If you tell us exactly what CPU and video card you have we can tell you how old they are and how much performance boost you would get by updating.