Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

The only Machines available in the list are the default machines

Terrance Kell

This seems to be an ongoing problem when I update to a new version of MasterCam. The only machines available are the default machines, no other machines are shown in the "C:/users/public/public documents/shared Mastercam 2020/CNC_MACHINES". But if I go to that folder all of the migrated files are there. In the past, I could just copy an older  machine list into the new folder, but not this time. does anyone have a remedy for this? 

This usually occurs when the files are manually copied, for example, from /Shared Mcam2019/ into /Shared Mastercam 2020/ instead of migrated using the migration wizard. When you see this problem, have you tried doing an advanced migration and specifying these two folders as source and destination?

Have you use the migration utility to migrate your older machines? Decision was made to not install everything like they did. Every new install from about 2019 moving forward only does the bare minimum of machines. You can get other machines from the TECH Exchange or your local Mastercam dealer. Sorry the world we live in is full of pirate users of the software, but it is and I think that is what lead to this direction. If not what I would have done to keep myself in business.

1st I used the basic migration wizard, then went back and used the advanced. When I look at the folder the files all show being modified today. I can select the default machine

then  open  the files directory under the default machine, replace the machine, it finds it no problem.    

• Like 1

There are 320 different machines available for download on the Tech Exchange page at Mastercam.com

Some of them must be purchased, but the majority are free to licensed Mastercam users.

You must create an account on Mastercam.com to access them

and you must be on a computer with access to a valid Mastercam hasp or nethasp to  create the account.

May I also suggest you review the Transition Guide as you are not updating your system properly

You can find it at

"C:\Program Files\Mastercam 2020\Mastercam\documentation\en-US\Transition_Guide.pdf" 

I believe Terrance's issue is that he has machines that have perhaps been migrated, and the files physically exist in the folder, but do not show up in the machine list inside of Mastercam when he goes to Manage List to add them to the machine dropdown menu. I've seen this happen occasionally when users manually copy/paste the machine folder structure from an older version, and also if there was a hiccup in migration.