Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

C axis milling help.

asticx

Hey guys, I have a lathe with a c axis and I would like to cut this 45 degree on the end of the part... we do them in various degrees and I am curious how I can go about doing this in mastercam. I can make it work in Mazatrol but it takes forever to program.

I just want to roll the C axis and step it down in .05 increments... the finish is not critical... could be saw cut if we had a better saw.

I have attached an example in 2019. Please help!

Also would like to control the depth in the Z... just incase the 3/4 carbide endmill doesnt like going that depth all in one pass.

test.mcam

23 hours ago, asticx said:

ended up doing it in mazatrol and just programmed the passes individually. it worked well and wasnt too bad to program actually. it will work with any that we mill 45 degrees on at least.

I made a video on how to do these angled cuts in mastercam Lathe, keep in mind a Mill and lathe license would be required. 

alternatively if your machine has a y-axis we could side mill this feature.

Video https://fastechincorporated-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/support_fastechinc_net/EYk2E2dHGn9EogsoqEtkR_0B93dCJaonXaTQKFz1IfXTHg?e=5DWSd1

Edit: i just noticed i forgot one thing in the video, on the tool selection page for the flowline we also need to activate the Rotary Axis check box and choose C-axis cutting.

2 minutes ago, JoshC said:

I made a video on how to do these angled cuts in mastercam Lathe, keep in mind a Mill and lathe license would be required. 

alternatively if your machine has a y-axis we could side mill this feature.

Video https://fastechincorporated-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/support_fastechinc_net/EYk2E2dHGn9EogsoqEtkR_0B93dCJaonXaTQKFz1IfXTHg?e=5DWSd1

Thanks Josh!

That is exactly what I was looking for.

1 minute ago, asticx said:

Thanks Josh!

That is exactly what I was looking for.

Great, i think that toolpath will work well for you on these applications. also in case you didnt see my edit to my post above we also need to turn on the rotary axis setting as shown in the image below. i had forgot to show turning this on in the video so make sure you do that too.

12.jpg