Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Push -pull Move function

mirek1017

The "I guess" file is not water tight it appears...iges format does not, I think "still" support solids....surfaces only...Mastercam is importing as sheet solids

Horrible format to work with, I reject them, and ask for another...step, parasoild, just something better....

You could try importing as surfaces and using the solid from surfaces command to see if you can get a watertight solid, no guarantees though

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Old_Bear said:

The "I guess" file is not water tight it appears...iges format does not, I think "still" support solids....surfaces only...Mastercam is importing as sheet solids

Horrible format to work with, I reject them, and ask for another...step, parasoild, just something better....

You could try importing as surfaces and using the solid from surfaces command to see if you can get a watertight solid, no guarantees though

Thank you 

if you can request the file in another format that would be best, IGES and IGS files always seem to leave you with crappy geometry that doesn't work well with model prep tools but if you can get this file in step format or parasolid or almost anything else it will likely push/pull without problems. Otherwise you will have to repair the file to push pull and that is sometimes not all that easy on some poor quality igs files.