Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

TOOL #'S

Ive been trying to figure out how to get my tool #'s to start off in the hundereds and then when that tool is used more than once to increase by 10. Ex: 1st time used N100, 2nd time N110, and so on but have not had any luck. I have an older stand alone post that does it but the code for my newer post are different so Im having a hard time figuring out my code. Any help would be appreciated Thanks

6 minutes ago, nickbe10 said:

There have been a couple of threads on this.

However if you want to implement you will need to know  more about the posts you have access to (apparently there are at least 2).

yeah im kinda new to this forum and have not gone through everything but. Ive gotten ok at shypering through but whats in one post wont work in the other probably because the one post is a lot older.

Just now, Bama said:

probably because the one post is a lot older.

Probably not actually. You are guessing, which is a dangerous way to approach post editing.

There are two main forms of posts. 

Those derived from MPMASTER available from this site.

Those derived from CNC (Mastercam) generic posts, which come with the seat.

They have different features and mechanisms and are not necessarily directly interchangeable.

I would advise you to sign up for Colin Gilchrist's post editing introduction course. Also request the MP documentation from your reseller.

Yes im guessing but im not actually running it at the machine I post it out before I run it and proof read it before I put it in a machine. I can read the g code and know what I want. It's just getting the post to do what I want lol. I will give him a try because id rather be able to do it myself and not rely on others. Thanks for your help

16 minutes ago, Bama said:

Thanks for your help

Look at the top of your posts. If you look in the revision log you should see (IHS) or (CNC) at the end of every entry.

IHS indicates MPMASTER, CNC indicates CNC Generic.

Get the MP documentation, you seem very interested so getting this will help fire your enthusiasm and give you a reference, although it has a tendency to be a bit dry and arcane.

That's why I would recommend Colin's class. More than anything else you will learn how to use the documentation effectively.

Good luck!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bama said:

is his class on this site?

Colin is a regular contributor here. He has a pro tip at the top of the Industrial page. Quote him from there to get his attention, or look out for one of his other posts.

1 hour ago, Bama said:

I have one that's cnc and one that's his.

One what? Posts or Classes?