Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Now using 2020

TERRYH

Started using 2020 yesterday, from 2019 working on first part and in the toolpath manager as I filled up the window I can barely see the arrow at bottom to add more programs without minimizing others above it, is this normal I have never had this issue in any other versions . is there a setting I need to change, or is this yet another aggravating bug to deal with? Capture.PNG.f60bf5471018212434b4d72abe11a701.PNG 

Terry and I just moved up to 2020 this week. Did something happen to surface high speed scallop? It's taking FOREVER to process!!!! Did they change something that I need to know about...not cool, wasting forever waiting for the stupid program to process, and then on the previous part, it didn't do anything, and I had to go back to the old surface finish scallop, sigh...doing a go-to meeting with my reseller today...maybe he can help me...

On 8/14/2019 at 3:36 AM, TERRYH said:

Started using 2020 yesterday, from 2019 working on first part and in the toolpath manager as I filled up the window I can barely see the arrow at bottom to add more programs without minimizing others above it, is this normal I have never had this issue in any other versions . is there a setting I need to change, or is this yet another aggravating bug to deal with? 

I've noticed this happening on a few windows.  I've had a few project toolpath operations not allow me to scroll down far enough to pick the operation that I wanted to project.  Yea, its frustrating.  I've also had the operation that I wanted to project not even show up in the window until I restart Mastercam. 

If the operation in the window but not visible, I can usually get it down to that operation by using the down arrow key on the keyboard. 

2 hours ago, Neurosis said:

I've noticed this happening on a few windows.

I have this problem on my home system.

My main screen is a Dell 27" UltraSharp and the other 2 screens are Dell 24" UltraSharps

If I drag a window from my 27" screen to one of the 24's, it's often too long and I cannot access the bottom

part of the window.

To fix it, I have to drag it back to the 27 and resize it to about 70% of the height of the 27

Then is will all be accessible on a 24" monitor.

I believe this is caused by the difference in screen resolutions between the 27 and the 24's

4 minutes ago, gcode said:

I have this problem on my home system.

My main screen is a Dell 27" UltraSharp and the other 2 screens are Dell 24" UltraSharps

If I drag a window from my 27" screen to one of the 24's, it's often too long and I cannot access the bottom

part of the window.

To fix it, I have to drag it back to the 27 and resize it to about 70% of the height of the 27

Then is will all be accessible on a 24" monitor.

I believe this is caused by the difference in screen resolutions between the 27 and the 24's

That's interesting.  I have a 27" main monitor and a 24" on the side. 

The issue that I'm talking about is happening on the main monitor. I'll have to try dragging the window back and forth just to see if it makes a difference.

26 minutes ago, Neurosis said:

That's interesting.  I have a 27" main monitor and a 24" on the side. 

The issue that I'm talking about is happening on the main monitor. I'll have to try dragging the window back and forth just to see if it makes a difference.

I have the Tool/Plane/Level /Solids and Cad Tree Managers all docked together

If  they are all docked on my 27" screen in a Mastercam session and I drag the entire dock to my 24" screen the bottom 20% of the windows are out of sight

at the bottom of the 24.

To fix it, I have to drag  the dock back to the 27 and resize it a little.

Then it will all be visible on my 24"

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 5:16 AM, TERRYH said:

both of my monitors here at work are same size and same resolution  

Terry, Dan said if you minimize the group and then expand it back it will show the arrow correctly. I've tried it and it works, but it seems to go back to half hidden very quickly.

Getting frustrated with 2020. Our machine simulators don't work now. My reseller is working on that. And then this morning, I tried to edit a workplane, and now my entire planes manager is frozen and I don't know how to unfreeze it. I shut down my entire computer and it's still frozen. WTH???? Talk about stupid crap: as mastercam tries to become more intuitive, it just seems to get more stupid...:wallbash:About ready to go back to 2019, so I can accomplish something, sigh...

(edit) Maybe I'll rant a little. I NEVER move up to the newest version of mastercam this quickly because of crap like this, but we did all those upgrades this spring and I wanted to stay current, and now it's bitten me in the @ss all week.

Who thought it was a bright idea to split trim/break/extend into 3 separate icons so that now I have to go 3 places to do what was always available in one place before???? I use that function all the time and now I'm chasing it 3 different places, ALL. THE. TIME.:wallbash:

Who messed with the stupid color panel so that it doesn't, fricking work when changing colors outside the small number of 'default' colors??? If you want to use one of the colors in the main color panel, you have to select that first. Then you go back to the graphics window, select the entities you want to change the color on, and ONLY then will it allow you to change the color.:wallbash:

My wonderful, customized machine simulators that my reseller made in 2019 do NOT work in 2020, and even the guy who made the simulation models for us can't figure out why..:wallbash:

And how the h@ll does the planes manager get permanently frozen????:wallbash:

Oh, and I guess I'll add: the annoying red arrow problem that Terry started this thread with...sigh...

So, I'm back in 2019 for now...

Scott

• Like 1
On 8/17/2019 at 7:28 AM, sharles said:

Who thought it was a bright idea to split trim/break/extend into 3 separate icons so that now I have to go 3 places to do what was always available in one place before???? I use that function all the time and now I'm chasing it 3 different places, ALL. THE. TIME.:wallbash:

Their default ribbon layout is not user friendly (for me).

I always have 2-3 custom ribbon tabs to have the layout more efficient.

It's the only thing you can do to make your work easier on yourself.

Capture.PNG

Edited by jeff
I can't spell

This one change alone is friggin' killin' me...

I live on my RMB and find myself constantly clicking trim only to have to back out to go to another function that for YEARS lived in the same menu...

Beyond Epicly stoopid!!!

• Like 5
3 hours ago, jeff said:

Their default ribbon layout is not user friendly (for me).

I always have 2-3 custom ribbon tabs to have the layout more efficient.

It's the only thing you can do to make your work easier on yourself.

Capture.PNG

You can also right click any icon and select "Add to QA bar" (QA= quick access)

I have all the File commands, most geometry creation commands, translate/rotate/offset  commands ,mill and lathe tool libraries and a bunch of others in my QA bar

With a 24 or 27 " monitor, the QA bar is long enough that you can add 95% of your most frequently used commands to it.

Then you can minimize the Ribbon bar and get some more graphic area back too

note.. The File commands are MUCH more user friendly when launched from the QA bar instead of the File page that pops up when you click File

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Getting frustrated with 2020. Our machine simulators don't work now. My reseller is working on that. And then this morning, I tried to edit a workplane, and now my entire planes manager is frozen and I don't know how to unfreeze it. I shut down my entire computer and it's still frozen. WTH???? Talk about stupid crap: as mastercam tries to become more intuitive, it just seems to get more stupid...:wallbash:About ready to go back to 2019, so I can accomplish something, sigh...

(edit) Maybe I'll rant a little. I NEVER move up to the newest version of mastercam this quickly because of crap like this, but we did all those upgrades this spring and I wanted to stay current, and now it's bitten me in the @ss all week.

Who messed with the stupid color panel so that it doesn't, fricking work when changing colors outside the small number of 'default' colors??? If you want to use one of the colors in the main color panel, you have to select that first. Then you go back to the graphics window, select the entities you want to change the color on, and ONLY then will it allow you to change the color.:wallbash:

My wonderful, customized machine simulators that my reseller made in 2019 do NOT work in 2020, and even the guy who made the simulation models for us can't figure out why..:wallbash:

And how the h@ll does the planes manager get permanently frozen????:wallbash:

Oh, and I guess I'll add: the annoying red arrow problem that Terry started this thread with...sigh...

So, I'm back in 2019 for now...

Scott

+1 on the machine simulation

Just throwing this out there.

I have been using 2018 for some time now and as of last week been having all sorts of weird graphics problems. the only change i can think of is a windows update done by our admins sometime?

win10 work station with nvidia quadro 4800.

12 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

I have been using 2018 for some time now and as of last week been having all sorts of weird graphics problems. the only change i can think of is a windows update done by our admins sometime?

You may need to roll your graphics drivers back..

As a rule of thumb, NEVER let Windows update mess with your graphics drivers

no graphics driver update just windows 10 update I noticed from scratching my head and poking around my machine.

the issues just came out of no where and that's the only thing i can see that changed. our admins dont have a clue on my graphics driver and i like it that way.

28 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

Same here. Things got jacked up about a week or so ago. Nvidia Quadro P600 here.

• 2 weeks later...