Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Now using 2020

TERRYH

For what its worth are 5ax programmer will not switch to 2019 for 5x he will program in 2018,he will use  2019 for 3 axis and the rest of the shop is running 2019 and I agree there are some things that just do not work right. ( WE NEED TO FIX  SOME OF THE LONG RUN PROBLEMS THAT ARE WRONG IN MASTER CAM)  2019 fixed some of the lost functions,  but then brook other things.

Are you guys using "Migration Wizard" to move from 2019 to 2020? We are wanting to move up today. We have always just placed our posts and tool files in there proper location and proceeded from there. 2020 seems to be fighting us trying to do it manually?

When we were going to switch to 2020 our I.T. used the wizard and it was nice to start with as it brought in our personal settings like our right mouse drop down and our individual background colors, after that it seemed to all go down hill, we was told to re do all our control defs. and machine defs. and not use the wizard. We was having all sorts of issues and stopped using 2020 went back to 19 then we got the beta update/patch for 2020 and was still having issues trying to keep up with production we simply did not have the time to keep worrying about them, so currently using 19. Even in 19 we have to watch stuff and have so many work around's for stuff it's not funny. 

• 8 months later...

we also had issues with 2020 regenerating forever and being really laggy and no one could tell me why, finally i uninstalled 2019 and it worked without any issues...now (havent learned from before) i installed 2021 to see all the new features and im having issues with adding planes in 2020 😣   my reseller said that there should be no interference when having different versions of MC on the computer.... well seems like there is...🙄