Bruce Caulley

Vice on lathe turret for secondary ops

Ahoy!

I haven't posted in the industrial side of the forum in ages!  Hoping someone knows of something that can help with a project I'm working on:

The scenario is a multitasking lathe with lower turret.  What would make this a totally complete component would be to somehow have a workholding option on the lower turret that could grip the part while the last features are machined.  Sub-spindle isn't an option as it is already doing some gripping/support half way through.  Imagine a small vice that bolts to the turret in place of a tool block.  Actuation could be by coolant pressure to drive the jaw?  Hydraulic pump powered by the live tool motor?  Is there such a thing?  Or am I going to have to allow to design and make something?  This op is very light milling only so not a lot of force necessary.

Cheers

Bruce

Just found a small Spreitzer pneumatic vice that could be easily modified to fit a turret and be driven from coolant pressure.  YAY!