Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SolidWorks - Mastercam Add-on

Reko

9 hours ago, Toy4mud said:

One thing I miss from standalone is "toolpath editor" which allows you to modify feedrates on individual lines of path

This is scheduled for inclusion in Mastercam 2021 for SolidWorks.

8 hours ago, Matthew Hajicek™ - Conventus said:

Pete,

What are the chances of getting the Vericut launcher to work with MCfSW in the near future?

Thanks

This is a shortcoming that we've heard about many times since the development of MCforSW began. The biggest reason C-hooks have not been allowed in MCforSW is that the selection and graphics is all done via SolidWorks, so there would have to be some sort of collaborative re-write to get an existing C-Hook up and running. Vericut has pretty much developed their C-Hook without very much collaboration with us, but I will do a little research to find someone there that we could potentially work with.

6 hours ago, Karl@CP PISTONS said:

What functionality does MC4SW have using API's? I saw that c-hooks are not supported so that for us is a big obstacle. Our shop we have automated about 80% of the "normal" jobs that come thru the door using CamWorks.

Camworks got the nod over MasterCAM because of  1) The awesome API that camworks has. We can and do control every aspect of the program automagicly , and 2) MC4SW was in it's infancy when the decision was made. Since camworks has embedded it's self into our company it's  would take a lot of persuasion and effort but i'd really like to kick camworks to the curb.

See the above answer re: C-Hook development. You could potentially do some of what you want with the SW API, and would probably need access to ours for some of it. Having said that, we have added Mastercam's ATP functionality, which was developed with that sort of automation in mind, to MCforSW.

Edited by Pete Rimkus from CNC Software Inc.
  • Thanks 1