Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multi-Axis Project Start Point

Corey Hampshire

This may be a newbie question, but it is something that would save me a lot of time. When I am circle interpolating around a round surface (Vmc 4th axis) i use the project tool path. When I pick my curve to project, I want to be able to pick a start point for it. The way it is now, if I pick my chain and all my settings, I have to check out and go back to geometry, right click on the chain, go to start point and dynamic pick where I want it to start. Is there a way, when I am initially picking my chain, to force it to start where I want every time? It is time consuming and a lot of extra work to edit start point on multiple ops. Any help would be appreciated. 

If you're using project, there may be a simple option...

Without a file, I am guessing that you are using the Project a Curve option.....you can try this...

Make a 2D flat contour path, using Lead in/Lead out.....using that same project path, don't project a curve but project the toolpath....if you have set up proper supporting surfaces, the leads motions will function and give you the starting point you desire..

I am currently on Mastercam 2019, but making my way over to 2020. 

Old Bear- I made a quick, stripped down file for you to look at, and a video of the extra steps I would like a way around. It's not a huge deal to do it the way I am currently, just lots of extra clicks. In my head I am thinking there is a better way, something that I am missing. 

CIRCULAR_INTERPOLATE.mcam