Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New computer sending different g code

I had to get a new computer. With that being said, I had to set up my mastercam. I thought I had everything set up correctly but when I tried running the program on our machine it gave me a fault. Looking through my g code, I noticed it was totally different then what the gcode was sending out before I had my new computer. here is a small sample size of the old gcode and the new gcode. I think I am getting this error because of the different gcode I am sending to the machine, but I could be wrong. Is there a way that I can set it up to post the same gcode as before. I am a newb with mastercam so be easy with me

Old(working) g code

image.png.7515611c380ff8589505a2b96a0605d8.png

new (not working) gcode

image.thumb.png.47fd6f43bb13f003ea2fd958a8cda92f.png

3 hours ago, sgizynski said:

Is there a way that I can set it up to post the same gcode as before.

You appear to have posted two completely different files. I say "appear" because there are so many ways that this can happen if the system is not set up properly.

Look at your FILES tab under Machine group and make sure you have the same Files in both instances.

When you post make sure all the operations you want to post are selected (checked) and that some do not disappear (go unchecked) as posting proceeds. If this happens you might have a program name problem. 

A file or probably zip2go would be helpful.

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, sunderlandjoe said:

For the uninitiated why does it matter that he's a first time poster?

New users looking for help sometimes turn out to have legitimacy issues with their software licencing.

4 minutes ago, sunderlandjoe said:

For the uninitiated why does it matter that he's a first time poster?

We often get new users who show up for help, but are using Pirated Software. Most of the users on this forum work for an employer who legally bought a Mastercam License, and in most cases they pay a "maintenance fee" to have access to the newest releases of the software.

The only danger in "first time poster", is that we don't know any history about the individual posting. I asked the question about his Reseller, because every legitimate Mastercam user will have a Reseller. If you didn't buy Mastercam through a licensed Mastercam Reseller, then you almost assuredly have a pirated copy of the software.

I really enjoy helping people on this forum, but I also want to be sure I'm not lending support to someone who isn't playing fairly. 

23 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

We often get new users who show up for help, but are using Pirated Software. Most of the users on this forum work for an employer who legally bought a Mastercam License, and in most cases they pay a "maintenance fee" to have access to the newest releases of the software.

The only danger in "first time poster", is that we don't know any history about the individual posting. I asked the question about his Reseller, because every legitimate Mastercam user will have a Reseller. If you didn't buy Mastercam through a licensed Mastercam Reseller, then you almost assuredly have a pirated copy of the software.

I really enjoy helping people on this forum, but I also want to be sure I'm not lending support to someone who isn't playing fairly. 

Understood. I have a legitimate copy, I just stopped with the maintenance.

They are not even the same tool one has a 1/4 endmill and the other a 3/8 so now they are not going to be the same. Give us code posted for the same tool from both computers for the same tool. Then we can see what your issues are. It could be filtering it could be all types of things that have nothing to do with the computer, but the fact you not comparing apples to apples.