Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

"Too many digit" Alarm

2 minutes ago, Leon82 said:

It could also be something in that macro program

This is what i'm thinking, but I don't know to view the renishaw macro in this controller, they are hidden somewhere. I've asked my local doosan tech and am waiting to hear back from him.

14 minutes ago, Leon82 said:

M165 may also be mapped to a program somewhere . If that has a folder system it may be in system or mtb. You have to back out to the previous level

It is the folder layout. Even after switching that ne9 parameter those other folders still look empty.

I figured it out if anyone cares.

Because I'm measuring an "A0." it doesn't like seeing an "A0." So I removed the A0. from the line, even though the paperwork says its required. Also, since I'm measuring a surface parallel to the X axis, I was supposed to use a Y value, not a X value like I did.

Brian, Paul from Doosan here. Glad you got it worked out. I did not see your email until after Steve was helping you. For those that don't know, Doosan has Renishaw software embedded in the control, SRAM I believe. It's part of our easy operation package. That's where all the macros reside. If you want to use inspection plus, you have two choices. Use the embedded macros with a M165 instead of a G65 or use the standard method of G65. If you use G65 you must calibrate your probe again separately and have the calibration variables stored again. So, for most stuff it's just easier to use the embedded macros. Same macros since Renishaw wrote this software for us and no difference in functionality.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 10:46 AM, PAnderson said:

Brian, Paul from Doosan here. Glad you got it worked out. I did not see your email until after Steve was helping you. For those that don't know, Doosan has Renishaw software embedded in the control, SRAM I believe. It's part of our easy operation package. That's where all the macros reside. If you want to use inspection plus, you have two choices. Use the embedded macros with a M165 instead of a G65 or use the standard method of G65. If you use G65 you must calibrate your probe again separately and have the calibration variables stored again. So, for most stuff it's just easier to use the embedded macros. Same macros since Renishaw wrote this software for us and no difference in functionality.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I'm not Brian but are you referring to Brian that works for Adams machinery in AZ?

• 3 weeks later...