Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

hole table

Tim Pruett

Is there a way to use the hole table to window select all the arcs on your screen and place all like sized arcs on separate levels? I remember doing this years ago but I can't figure it out now. I'm not sure if we used the "hole table" for this or some other function. If not, is there a way when writing a wire contour toolpath to select arcs using some sort of a "masc on arc" method? The wire guy would like to be able to do this so he doesn't have to select all of his arcs one at a time. He's running mastercam2020. TIA

The only way I found to select a certain size hole using "select all advanced" is under miscellaneous. You have to perform this operation once for every hole size. I'm sure there use to be a function that could do all of your holes by window select all at the same time. You could tell it what level to place every single size of hole on the screen.

You could do this without to much trouble using vbscript with a function something like this

Function GetArcDataFunction(bRet50,LeveltoCheck5,LeveltoSetCircle,LevelToSetArc,CircleRadiusLowerLimit,CircleRadiusUpperLimit,ZDepthUpperLimit,ZDepthLowerLimit,g5,arcxarcx5,arcyarcy5,arczarcz5,arcrarcr5,Carc505,garbagecollection)
g5 = 0
ReDim arcxarcx5(g5)
ReDim arcyarcy5(g5)
ReDim arczarcz5(g5)
ReDim arcrarcr5(g5)
Call RepaintScreen(True)     
' -- Start our search
bRet50 = StartDBSearch(mc_alive, mc_arctype Or mc_pointtype Or mc_linetype Or mc_recttype) 
Do
' -- Find out what entity we have
Select Case GetEntityType     
Case mc_arctype 
Set Carc505 = New McAr
 'Set Carc505Copy = New McAr
If GetArcData(GetEntityEptr, Carc505) Then 
SetEntityColor Round(Abs(Carc505.Z), 2)
If LeveltoCheck5 = GetEntityLevel Then
' -- Get Arc Positions
If CArc505.R >= CircleRadiusLowerLimit and CArc505.R <= CircleRadiusUpperLimit and CArc505.Z >= ZDepthLowerLimit and CArc505.Z <= ZDepthUpperLimit Then
If CArc505.SW <= 359 and CArc505.SW >= 0 or CArc505.SW >= -359 and CArc505.SW <= 0 Then
Call SetEntityLevel(LeveltoSetArc)
Else
ReDim Preserve  arcxarcx5(UBound( arcxarcx5)+1)
ReDim Preserve arcyarcy5(UBound(arcyarcy5)+1)
ReDim Preserve arczarcz5(UBound(arczarcz5)+1)
ReDim Preserve arcrarcr5(UBound(arcrarcr5)+1)
arcxarcx5(g5) = Round(Abs(Carc505.x), 2)
arcyarcy5(g5) = Round(Abs(Carc505.y), 2)
arczarcz5(g5) = Carc505.Z
arcrarcr5(g5) = Round(Abs(Carc505.r), 2)
g5 = g5 + 1
Call SetEntityLevel(LeveltoSetCircle)
End If
End If
Set Carc505 = Nothing
End If
End If
End Select
' -- Get another entity
bRet50 = NextDBSearch     
Loop While bRet50
' -- Done
Call RepaintScreen(True)     
'ShowString "Script has finished"
End Function

Peter,

You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but I've never used a VBscript and have no idea where to begin and the guy running the wire machine is brand new to mastercam so it would be nice to have an addition in the "hole table" function to perform this. I know we use to be able to do this but I guess they removed it.

The Hole Table c-hook was made into a drafting function in 2020 (which works really nicely!), but it never sorted to levels or anything, it was purely CAD functionality.

I believe you're looking for the "SortCircles" chook which is still there in 2020.  I believe SortCircles works on everything visible, so I think you'd have to hide what you don't want to be sorted, but I haven't used it a lot so I may be wrong there.  I did test it again and there's no selection..

• Thanks 1

In Esprit you can just set a max and min diameter after windowing entire contour and it will find all the hole sizes for you. Comes in handy if you have 60  .375 EJ pin holes and 40 .125 holes. Especially on solid models.