Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Strange mouse or video skipping MasterCAM 2018.

stanektool

The PC is a 7th Gen Core i7 with 16gig.  Video card is a Quadro K1200 current driver v431.70.  1TB 7200rpm HDD.

Recently one of my guys started to complain about an intermittent pausing in MasterCAM 2018.  When the user tries to move the model around the screen (pan, zoom, rotate, etc..) the GUI will intermittently pause.  Like a wireless mouse with a near dead battery, almost.  This happens whether he has a simple or complex model loaded.

We've tried removing MasterCAM 2020, updated both the video and mouse drivers, replaced the battery in the mouse then replaced the mouse.  Nothing seems to be out of order when we check OS performance during the pausing.  Not seeing anything in MasterCAM process manager either.   My tool maker believes it started around the same time we installed the beta release of MC2020 (around April).  Any suggestions before I perform a full reinstall of MasterCAM 2018?

First though... are you running AutoSave, if so try turning it off and see if the problem goes away

Your PC's ram and storage are pretty weak.. 16gig more ram and an SSD drive would be a big help

As cheap as SSD's these days, there is no reason to be running a platter drive

random thoughts

Check the power settings for the USB port the mouse is using... also try a different USB port for the mouse

run with the Task Manager open for a while and see if some other program is popping up when the lag happens.

I'd also path Mastercam's Temp files somewhere out side the USER folders.

I've seen this fix problems of a lot of PC's

I have mine pathed to the root of my C drive

57 minutes ago, CEMENTHEAD said:

Not sure the frequency of the "MasterCam backup files" gets saved. but that may also dog it down.

the backup utility is not automatic

It saves a copy of the file in a user designated spot every time the user saves.

• 4 weeks later...