Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

turning G64 on at the end of a toolpath that is using G61.1

Im trying to figure out how to add G64 at the end of the tool after my G05 P0 turning off high speed to turn my High Speed Smoothing off. I see it in my post but its not turning the G64 on

not sure why its not working I have a postability post that says the same thing and it works so im not sure just trying to add it to my other post for a different machineCapture.JPG.975c4e9dfa5afe0b047095e6e9964ac9.JPG

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

I think there could be a few different reasons why this isn't working. If the Postability post is using a string select table to set the high speed option on or off but this new post is not, then simply copying and pasting those postblocks in without the string select table won't work. If you say that it's at least turning on the high speed options in the new post then there must be a string select table it's using but potentially a correct flag isn't being set.

Can you show the phsm_on postblock as well?

1 hour ago, Bama said:

1470156615_Capture3.thumb.JPG.4f5409d71c6d8674b619ae75dc6efb38.JPG

What Colin mentioned should work, but it also looks like the hsm1_flg is not being set to 1 when G61.1 is turned on. This is basically telling the post later on that G61.1 is not on so it has no reason to turn it off with G64 in the phsm1_off postblock. In the pshmb_on postblock change the last line for Option 1 from "hsm1_flg = 0" to "hsm1_flg = 1" and try that.

Just as a side note for future reference, instead of posting images of code you can copy and paste it into the code window (the <> icon above the normal text window) like Colin did in his reply. This keeps all the formatting the same and allows other users to copy and edit it to make it clear what should be changed.

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

Frank was correct. You shouldn't need to add the "string literal", since there is already a bit of code to turn it off. Frank is right that the flag was not set.

So fix it following Frank's advice...

I don't get to mess around with serious post stuff too often so it's always nice to get confirmation from the Post Man himself, lol. Thanks, Colin.

• Like 2

Hey where do you find your hasp as I am on a network and not sure where to find the #. just want to make my account legit do not want people thinking im pirating my MasterCam. This is how I feed the family. So the better I am the better we eat lol.