Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How I can program this part

RyszardW

Get started with MC2020 Mill and need some tips. The part is geometrically relatively simple, but I can't find the right tool path. I planned to use the 2D path, then rotate 90 degrees to work the next surface, etc., but the effects are not great (I'm probably doing something wrong). Can someone give me a hint how to program it? The machine - 5 axis VMC.

Part 1.stp

On 8/28/2019 at 4:03 AM, RyszardW said:

Hi David, thank you for help,I still need to learn a lot about milling, so far I've used MC mainly for programming on lathes. The owner of the company bought a 5 axis milling machine but unfortunately did not buy a course on the MC milling 🙁. Thank you again.

Yes I know of a concert hall that bought a $500k piano for the Violin player to play. After 1 year it was never played once and the management group was upset and fired the violin player. On the exit interview they asked him why he never played the the Piano that was bought for him. He replied I spent 35 years playing the Violin. No one ever asked me if wanted lessons or if I even wanted to play the Piano they just bought and expected me to be able to play it. They said well your a musician said the person who never played an instrument in their life. He replied back what if someone bought you and INDY car and told you you must beat the best racers on the planet or loose your job? How long do you think it would take you to beat them with no training or help? 

Anyone can do what I do is my feeling. I am no one special, but I have something 99% of the other people don't have. I have 30+ year of experience in well over 1000 different shops having programmed well over 300 different machines. I wish I could sit down and play the Piano like someone who has played it for 30 years could, but I cannot. Maybe with years of practice and training I could play twinkle twinkle little star. If your owner is not smart enough to understand no one can get to where they need without the proper and correct training it might be time for you to find somewhere that understands training is the most fundamental aspect of the manufacturing process. That said I spent many hours when I was younger on my own time learning and growing my craft. The concert Pianist doesn't sit down not having spent countless hours practicing and honing their abilities. We as machinist and programmers should be doing the same. Honing and perfecting our abilities. The Piano or any instrument for that matter make such amazing sounds when played by the right person, but make terrible sounds when played by the wrong person or a novice. We all need to think of our work as our own Masterpieces of our abilities, talents and God given abilities. 

Excellent putting something up to get better keep that attitude and you will surpass me in what you can program and do. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5