Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine simulation graphics

TERRYH

does anyone know how to increase the graphics quality when running machine simulation, when I run it the machine and tool looks great but my part (stock created from a stock model looks crappy, like its all choppy and not smooth at all.  

In the Toolpaths Manager, next to the 'Backplot selected operations (Backplot)' and 'Verify selected operations (Verify)' buttons, there is a 'Simulator Options' button.

When you press that 'Simulator options' button, a dialog box will pop-up. On the 2nd Tab 'Data', there are options for entering a 'Workpiece tolerance' (finished part), and 'STL Tolerance (cut stock in simulation/verify)'.

In addition, when you start Verify, there is a 'Turbo mode' button that is defaulted to 'active'. I typically disable 'Turbo mode', as it will result in poor graphics quality for the 'cut stock' in Verify.

Simulation looks really bad while it's running, but if you let it sit once the simulation is over

it cleans itself up and looks pretty good. That may take a while, depending in the size and complexity of your simulation and

your video card.

That doesn't help a bit if you are trying to visualize a cut as it happens though as it is usually too choppy to tell you anything.

20 minutes ago, gcode said:

Vericut 9.0 is due out soon

When I went to the VUE last spring they said the graphics in 9.0 is an order of magnitude

better than the current graphics... I'm looking forward to trying that out

It is... There are bunch of improvements to V9.0. I'm looking forward to that :)