Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Z min value in Tool Table

I would like to add the z min value that outputs in my tool comments section to post in the tool table. I have done a few searches and have not found a solution. I have found a couple posts refer to other threads but the links are dead when I click on them. Can somebody point me to a thread with the solution that does not have a dead link.

Thanks

Depending on your familiarity with posts this might be more easily (and safely) accomplished with a NETHOOK,CHOOK or other application extension(possibly even VBS). Anyway if you don't find a solution you have options.

Is there an existing chook that will accomplish what I am looking for? Your comment didn't really leave me anything to work with. I did find a another thread that gave me a solution to what I am looking for. Instead of linking to the thread (which all seem to be dead when I click on them) I will recomment. Mill.set post has working buffer code to add z min and z max to the tool table.

14 minutes ago, dmaier said:

Is there an existing chook that will accomplish what I am looking for? Your comment didn't really leave me anything to work with. I did find a another thread that gave me a solution to what I am looking for. Instead of linking to the thread (which all seem to be dead when I click on them) I will recomment. Mill.set post has working buffer code to add z min and z max to the tool table.

Sorry I didn't mean to be unclear, I don't know of any existing CHOOK with that functionality. However it would only take a few lines of code and could probably be done with a NETHOOK(written in C#) which is much simpler to program than your classic CHOOK(C++) because there are pre-existing functions to carry out these sort of tasks, there are some examples available for download from the mastercam website under community -> 3rd party developpers.Nethooks are made using Microsoft Visual Studios 2017 for which there is a Template for mastercam.

21 hours ago, dmaier said:

Can somebody point me to a thread with the solution that does not have a dead link.

I think the main problem you will have here is that most tool table logic is built to not repeat tool numbers in the list as this would be redundant.

My .SET file came out of the box with repeating tool numbers, so this might give you a starting point.

You need a tool list that spits out every instance of the tool and its associated depth for that particular path / operation.

I have seen a few extensive threads on this (min/max output variations) with as many variations as you can imagine, don't know why you haven't been able to link to them.. 

Personally I just do a Prog min / max at the top just after the tool list.