Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Too much code for helix entry

JB7280

15 minutes ago, Old_Bear said:

You know, that might be one to send in to QC....it's the toolpath calculation itself that seems to be driving that output

No settings seem to affect it at all

I'll do that.  Is there somewhere on the Mastercam site to submit support tickets?  Sorry for the ignorant question.  What I know about MC is pretty much limited to what I've soaked up from the forums.

2 minutes ago, JB7280 said:

I'll do that.  Is there somewhere on the Mastercam site to submit support tickets?  Sorry for the ignorant question.  What I know about MC is pretty much limited to what I've soaked up from the forums.

This is the "Official" CNC Software Mastercam forum

https://users.mastercam.com/Default.aspx?siteId=13&ReturnUrl=%2FForum11.aspx

You can also just submit to your reseller directly or (qc at mastercam dot com)

6 minutes ago, gcode said:

If you are doing this with the new 5axis circle mill tool paths, you will not get arcs if the axis of your toolpath is not along the X Y or Z axis

No sir.  This is just a standard dynamic toolpath.  This is outputting arcs, but breaking them up into 90degree increments.  4x the code.  Not a huge deal normally, but on a few of our machines we really need to watch the amount of code that we generate.

1 hour ago, Old_Bear said:

Were it me, I'd push it up to CNC Software....the helix should obey your control def settings..

I agree.  Email sent.

1 hour ago, David Colin said:

To slighly decrease toolpath weight, let Mastercam linearize your toolpath, then use Arc3D Chook (because this CHook lets untouched existing arcs)

Appreciate that, and it'll work in a pinch.  However It feels like a back-alley work-around that I shouldn't have to do.  Hopefully CNC software will address it.

2 hours ago, #Rekd™ said:

Good luck on that front!

Looks like you're right.  I was basically told that "unfortunately, that's how the dynamic toolpath outputs the entry".  If you work for CNC, and you think it's unfortunate, lets work on fixing it.  Can't be that tough, the code is there for other toolpaths!  😡😡